As part of a team, you will be responsible for the design analysis of space related recovery systems. This will involve you in the entire recovery system design cycle including conceptual design, system modeling, test definition, post-test data analysis, model correlation, and technical documentation.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead engineering analysis activities in support of the design and development of recovery systems.
- Perform analyses using commercial and in-house codes as well as write new simulation code.
- Rapidly solve transient dynamic problems through analysis and test.
- Perform recovery system configuration development and trade studies.
- Support the development and advancement of modeling capabilities and techniques.
- Guide test configuration and architecture to support design analysis requirements.
- Perform flight test data reduction, analysis, and interpretation.
- Interface with program managers, customers, and vendors.
- May be required to travel within the U.S.
- A minimum of six years of related experience.
- US Citizenship is a mandatory requirement for this position due to sensitivity of customer programs.
- BS in Engineering or related discipline, a graduate degree is preferred.
- Self-motivated with strong communication, and technical documentation skills.
- Proficiency in scientific or engineering scripting languages.
- Familiarity with trajectory analyses tools, and post-test analysis of data Proficiency in finite element modeling, LS-DYNA is preferred.
- Familiarity with fabric system design analysis.
- Experience with FEA pre- and post-processors, HyperWorks is preferred.
- Working knowledge of CAD tools, AutoCad and Solid Works is preferred.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor