Supports Parachute Rigging Department with packing and assembly of mechanical, electrical and textile components. Rigs and assembles parachute systems.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Correctly lays out Parachutes and various components using support equipment.
- Use of hydraulic packing ram.
- Use of Autoclave Oven
- Cuts patterns of various materials for assembly.
- Prepares product for shipment.
- Follows packing and assembly procedures.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Reads and interprets documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Uses small tools such as needles, pins and clips.
- Ties a variety of knots with cord and thread.
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Computes rate, ratio, and percent.
- Carries out instructions in written, oral, or diagram formats
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge of shop mechanics and science
- General assembly of electrical, mechanical and textile components
- Computer experience/basic use of Excel and Word
- Ability to Communicate verbally with co-workers, group leader, and supervisor.
- Excellent manual dexterity — hand tacking of very lightweight fabrics / materials
- Ability to read, understand and follow detailed assembly instructions that are written in English
- Ability to lift items up to 50 lbs.
- Accurately measures with basic measuring instruments.
**Must be US citizen or Permanent Resident (Export Control requirement)**
Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance** (No criminal background) The company will pay for you to obtain clearance.
** Please do NOT apply if you do not meet the Key requisites **
Manufacturing and / or commercial assembly experience, working experience with various high tech equipment.
EDUCATION: 1 year certificate from college or technical school above high school.
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals, such as paint thinners, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to sharp and hot glue guns and wands with a risk of heat burns. The noise level is usually loud.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Benefits: We recognize the innovation and energy of our employees with competitive compensation and a full range of benefits, including medical/dental/vision, retirement plan, and much more.
EEO Commitment: Airborne Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, ethnic group identification, marital/parental status, physical/mental disability, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender/gender identity or expression or genetic information; the perception of one or more of such characteristics; or association with a person/group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
Airborne Systems is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
E-Verify: Airborne Systems is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor