Prepares various equipment and engineering proposals to develop designs for products.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design varied equipment and develops necessary product specifications.
- Attend design reviews.
- Participate in customer interface discussions.
- Participate in product testing and installation.
- Analyze research and test data and proposed product specifications to determine feasibility of product proposal.
- Confer to clarify or resolve problems to finalize design development.
- Prepare preparation of product or system layout as well as detailed drawings and schematics.
- Follow company policy and procedures.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Explosives Certification Training is required before handling explosives.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures/ effectively present information and responds to questions groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Competent knowledge of advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Working knowledge of mathematical concepts such as plane and solid geometry, and trigonometry.
- Proficient in fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram formats.
- Working knowledge of database, MS Project, AutoCad, Excel, Costpoint, solid modeling and design tools, and word processing software.
- Project management and planning skills.
Must be US Citizen
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from a four year college.
Recent college graduate to two years of detailed, in-depth experience in a specialist area such as mechanical, fabric, or electrical is preferred.
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor