This position will assist the company’s Sr. Network Engineer to ensure that its network infrastructure functions efficiently. Also will assist approximately 80 onsite users and additional remote users in system operation, install hardware and/or software as approved, and correct malfunctions or breakdowns promptly to ensure maximum availability of computer systems throughout the company. Good troubleshooting and diagnostic skills required to quickly resolve problems as they arise.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, install, and perform testing activities on various computer
equipment, peripherals, data communication, and computer network systems.
2. Assemble, install, configure and test computer equipment or units of the local area network
requiring use of standard interface protocols.
3. Provide support to users relating to both hardware and software problems on their personal
4. Provide computer/OS support (Windows 7) and application support (MS Office and others).
5. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
6. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
7. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
8. Perform preventative maintenance for computer, data communication, and/or peripheral
equipment; test and adjust to appropriate standards.
9. Additional duties may include minor systems administration tasks, equipment procurement,
backup, and other related tasks.
10. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
11. Follows company rules and procedures.
1-3 years of experience as a helpdesk or other technical support role.
Basic computer troubleshooting and application support (Windows 7/MS Office).
Familiar with all Microsoft Enterprise Server and Office Platforms.
Knowledge of Active Directory Windows Server 2008/2012, SharePoint experience a plus.
**Must be US citizen or Permanent Resident (Export Control requirement)**
Associate’s degree in a related area preferred.
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The environment is general office moderate. The employee may occasionally be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals (toner) and risk of electrical shock.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor