As a member of the Business Unit team, plans, directs, and coordinates activities of the designated project to ensure that objectives and goals are accomplished within prescribed contract schedule and funding.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Indirectly manages functional team members with respect to project schedule and funding thereby contributing to revenue and profit. Ensures project quality, provides technical advice, and resolves problems.
- Effectively leads a team in a matrix organization.
- Leads execution of projects to meet or exceed the financial goal and is directly responsible for program profit or loss.
- Leads bid preparation and ensures that the sales and profitability objectives for the Business Unit are met or exceeded.
- Develops and maintains effective customer and vendor interfaces throughout and after the lifespan of each project.
- Provides leadership in program planning, policies, procedures, design, productivity, and product innovation.
- Recognizes and develops business opportunities that arise as a part of each program’s conduct and communicates in a timely manner with business unit team members.
- Coordinates engineering activities within the department and with other departments. Ensures accurate and timely data is provided to senior company management on gross margin/contribution to facilitate assessment of target attainment.
- Recognizes and encourages development of patentable technologies and products containing the company’s intellectual property. Develops and establishes guidelines for project/program management metrics.
- Ensures company and department policies and procedures are followed.
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills to promote enthusiasm and ensure team success.
- Excellent planning skills to effectively achieve program goals and milestones.
- Strong analytical skills and judgment within program parameters.
- Excellent skills in communicating both verbally and in writing for reports, business correspondence and procedures, and in effectively presenting information and responding to questions of managers, clients, and customers.
- Strong PC skills and working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook is required.
- Good general knowledge of aeronautical and mechanical engineering design principles, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to interface effectively at all levels, between various functional departments.
US Citizenship is required.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Scientific field from four year college. A graduate degree is desirable.
- Ten to fifteen years of experience within an engineering services and product development business. Five to ten years of project management experience.
- Experience in parachute technological design and components and systems are highly desirable. Recognized certification in project management is highly desirable.
WORK ENVIRONMENT *
The work environment for this job is in a general office setting. The noise level is normally quiet to moderate due to some office equipment and office traffic.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS *
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and/or reach. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Benefits: We recognize the innovation and energy of our employees with competitive compensation and a full range of benefits, including medical/dental/vision, retirement plan, and much more.
EEO Commitment: Airborne Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, ethnic group identification, marital/parental status, physical/mental disability, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender/gender identity or expression or genetic information; the perception of one or more of such characteristics; or association with a person/group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
Airborne Systems is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
E-Verify: Airborne Systems is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor