Summary: Plans and conducts activities concerning the quality assurance of processes, materials and products.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:.+
- Coordinates quality procurement and inspection requirements for supplied items and materials.
- Assists the Manager in implementing and maintaining the Quality Management System. Develops and manages program specific Quality plans and documentation based on contractual requirements.
- Coordinates the collection, analysis and interpretation of QMS process data.
- Creates periodic quality reports, supporting quality and other organizational personnel in maintaining product quality & services Performs and/or directs source and in-process inspections.
- Performs and/or directs internal and supplier quality audits.
- Conducts R&D and design verification tests with advance data acquisition systems
- Ensures that manufacturing instructions include relevant, complete, and accurate quality requirements.
- Provides design improvement feedback to Engineering, Operations, and other personnel on Quality systems as well as Airborne Systems products and services.
- Directs preliminary reviews of non-conforming materials and processes.
- Develops control plans, SOP/WI’s that support the manufacturing plan (including inspection requirements).
- Represents the Quality Department on Process Improvements Teams.
- Maintains detailed records of quality activities and functions in support of department objectives.
- Directs inspection of products to company, supplier, and/or customer standards.
- Coordinates government and customer source inspection activities.
- Ensures compliance to the ISO 9001:2000 requirements of all records maintained for receiving, in-process and final inspections.
- Maintains the calibration system for hand tools and electronic measuring devices.
- Supports MRB activities.
- Design sampling plans to meet customer quality requirements.
- Follows company policy and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of quality concepts and principles.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings, diagrams, schematics, or blueprints
- General familiarity with MIL specifications and standards and commercial equivalents.
- General working knowledge of conventional inspection and measurement equipment
- General working knowledge of Visio Design, MS Project Management, Excel, PowerPoint and Word software.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, challenges, and solutions.
- Working knowledge of probability and statistical inference, plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Utilizes fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions.
- Defines problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions. Interprets extensive variety of technical instructions.
- Good communication and team work skills with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Two to three years in a Manufacturing facility as an Engineer, either Manufacturing or Quality AS9100 or ISO 9001:2000
- Quality system experience Lean or Six Sigma experience (preferred)
Bachelor’s Engineering degree from a four-year college, preferably Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering. CQE is desirable.
*** U.S. Citizenship is a requirement for this position due to customer requirements ***
Benefits: We recognize the innovation and energy of our employees with competitive compensation and a full range of benefits, including medical/dental/vision, retirement plan, and much more.
EEO Commitment: Airborne Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, ethnic group identification, marital/parental status, physical/mental disability, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender/gender identity or expression or genetic information; the perception of one or more of such characteristics; or association with a person/group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
Airborne Systems is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
E-Verify: Airborne Systems is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor