SUMMARY: Responsible for Inside Sales management, including proposal strategy and development and pricing analysis for New Business initiatives and proposals. Delivers quality (accurate, complete, clear, compelling) proposals with appropriate documentation to Airborne Systems’ customers in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Prepares quotes as well as large and complex proposals for requested items, including identification of requirements, RFP review and evaluation, Proposal management functions, and response development.
- Reviews market analysis to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Prepares all related financial analysis, including product cost analysis, margin / contribution analysis, learning curve, make vs. buy analysis. Develops cost models for use in quotation / RFP response process.
- Prepares financial/cost information to bids/proposals.
- Assist Airborne Systems outside sales representatives in proposal / quoting effort.
- Assist in Sales Forecasting efforts. Maintain Airborne Systems forecasting application. Coordinates review of Terms and Conditions with Contracts Specialist and other Sales Department personnel
- Ensures compliance with TINA and requirements relative to certified cost or pricing data and other cost justification requirements.
- Enters bid information into Syspro system.
- Coordinates and reviews bids with contributing organizations.
- Review bids with authorizing managers.
- Prepares Quotation Approval information.
- Researches potential bid opportunities.
- Assists on transition from bid to contract.
- Researches bid history.
- Negotiates contracts
- Reviews contracts / agreements to ensure conformity with various procedures
- Supports audit efforts
- Obtains appropriate signatures on proposals.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Utilizes strategic proposal approach.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Review United States Government websites for bid activity.
- Reads, analyzes and interprets business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Writes reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from customers, managers, and employees.
- Deadline oriented
- Calculates figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Applies concepts of algebra and geometry and analysis.
- Knowledge of internet, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Salesforce, Syspro
- Operating knowledge of the FAR and DFAR.
. ***U.S. Citizenship required. No exceptions.***
Five to seven years’ experience in contract/pricing administration with three to five years in management.
Strong background in sales management, proposal development, pricing, cost and operational analysis and business and project management.
EDUCATION : Bachelor’s degree from a four year college with course work in contracts administration including FAR/DFAR Interpretation and Financial Analysis.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Environment is a moderate office and normally quiet. Occasionally, when in the plant, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; caustic or toxic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hand to fingers such as on a keyboard, reach with arms and hands and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close and distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Benefits: We recognize the innovation and energy of our employees with competitive compensation and a full range of benefits, including medical/dental/vision, retirement plan, and much more.
EEO Commitment: Airborne Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, ethnic group identification, marital/parental status, physical/mental disability, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender/gender identity or expression or genetic information; the perception of one or more of such characteristics; or association with a person/group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
E-Verify: Airborne Systems is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer