SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Parachute Rigging Department with packing and assembly of mechanical, electrical and textile components.
- Correctly lays out Parachutes and various components using support equipment.
- Use of hydraulic packing ram.
- Use of Autoclave Oven Cuts patterns of various materials for assembly.
- Prepares product for shipment.
- Follows packing and assembly procedures.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- High attention to detail Knowledge of shop mechanics and science
- General assembly of electrical, mechanical and textile components
- Reads and interprets documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Uses small tools such as needles, pins and clips.
- Ties a variety of knots with cord and thread.
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, and divides in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Computes rate, ratio, and percent.
- Carries out instructions in written, oral, or diagram formats.
Manufacturing and / or commercial assembly experience, working experience with various high tech equipment.
1 year certificate from college or technical school above high school.
WORK ENVIRONMENT *
The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals, such as paint thinners, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to sharp and hot glue guns and wands with a risk of heat burns. The noise level is usually loud.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS *
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor