Prepares and develops designs of various equipment for products and engineering proposals.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project leader and company resource for mechanical system design and development.
- Develop decelerator system design solutions based on engineering principles.
- Provide technical support to external and internal customers.
- Resolve operational problems related to projects and minimize delays or unexpected cost increases.
- Responsible for project success whether project leader or as part of a project team.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
- Support sales team in pre-sales technical concept and budgeting activities.
- Interpret client requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems, and
- Ensure solutions are implemented accurately and in budget.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Working knowledge of aeronautical, and mechanical design principles, practices and procedures, preferably with experience in parachute technological design and related components and systems.
- Familiarity with aerospace equipment design standards as appropriate to engineering – including, CAD design, stressing analysis, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, and environmental standards.
- Experience creating and maintaining Bills of Materials and configuration management for one or more projects.
- Able to define problems, collects data, establishes facts and draws valid conclusions. Interprets a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram formats.
- Experience with design and control of polymer, fiber and textile processes and products.
- Writes reports, business correspondence, and procedures/ effectively presents information and responds to questions groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad, SolidWorks, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and Outlook is required.
- FEA experience with Nastran, LS-DYNA, Hypermesh, Optistruct, and other solid modeling tools is desired.
- Explosives Certification Training is required before handling explosives.
US citizen, permanent resident alien or otherwise able to review all export-controlled technical information.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from a four year college. Graduate degree preferred.
Three to six years of detailed, in-depth experience in a specialist area such as mechanical, fabric, design.
The position requires that the employee is frequently required to sit and talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop or kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT *
The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals, such as paint thinners, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to sharp and hot glue guns and wands with a risk of heat burns. The noise level is usually loud.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS *
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor