THE NEXT GENERATION IN SPECIAL OPERATIONS LONG RANGE PARACHUTE OXYGEN SYSTEMS
Compact Parachute Oxygen Systems Design and Greater Oxygen Capacity
The SOLR™ 3000 bailout bottle is the latest of the military parachute oxygen systems designed by Airborne Systems. When used with a parachutist oxygen mask, it is suitable for the most extreme army HAHO / HALO missions. The 122 cu. in. oxygen bottle has similar measurements than the current PHAOS 120 cu.in oxygen bottle but offers over 60% more oxygen capacity for increased flight duration under canopy.
Extended Parachute Oxygen Systems Range for Airborne Insertions
Designed to support the warfighter before, during and after the mission, the 51 cubic inch oxygen bottle offers a compact size while still delivering plenty of oxygen for high altitude operations.
The manifold size has been reduced to lower the equipment footprint and weight on the jumpers, the new design can be stored full for extended periods without pressure loss. The double action rotating oxygen toggle switch eliminates unintentional oxygen flow shut off for increased safety. The manifold maintenance intervals have been significantly increased (inspection every 30 months, service every 60 months).
SOLR™ 3000 and SOLR™ 4500 Superior Engineering and Design
- Available in 3,000 psig and 4,500 psig fill pressure
- SOLR™ 3000 – Over 60% more oxygen with the same bottle measurements as the 120 cu in PHAOS
- SOLR™ 4500 – 50% more than SOLR™ 3000
- Brass pressure reducer, oxygen safe up to 4,500 psig (tested @ 5,395 psig)
- Universal compatibility with legacy systems
- Low profile oxygen gauge
- Secured output oxygen flow
- Easy oxygen gauge visibility
- Console interface includes automatic shutoff feature when connected to the console
- Manifold is 50% smaller and ensures no measurable oxygen leaks
- The double action rotating toggle oxygen switch eliminates unintentional oxygen flow shutoff for increased safety
- Compatible with U.S. Army POM mask and Airborne
SOLR™ 3000 and SOLR™ 4500 Parachute Oxygen Systems Products
The Airborne family of personnel parachute oxygen systems for military jumpers also includes:
Portable Parachute Oxygen Systems Console for Military Missions
The Parachutist Oxygen Console (OXCON) is a lightweight parachute oxygen system used in HAHO / HALO missions around the world for over 25 years. With a portable, multi-station system, it is designed to contain and distribute regulated oxygen for pre-breathing onboard a military transport aircraft as a supplement for the man-mounted PHAOS parachute oxygen systems.
The multi-station manifolds provide quick connects on each side of the housing. Each side has a low-pressure gauge to allow monitoring of the regulated outlet pressure. Its components are contained within a compact, rugged structure that can be easily installed for missions requiring oxygen.
The 6-Man OXCON is tested and certified for use by the U.S. Naval Air Warfare Center.
Meeting the Challenges for High Altitude Parachutists
- 8-Man, 6-Man, or 2-Man configurations
- The manual on/off valve is rated to 5000 PSI heavy duty service
- Monitor the constant system pressure of 70 PSIG with the in-line flow indicators
- Rugged construction, with protective guards around controls, gauges and connections
- Stainless steel fittings for easy maintenance
- High pressure gauge indicates the available supply pressure from the pressure reservoirs
Parachute Oxygen Systems Specialized Components
All parachute oxygen systems components have been designed or selected to conform to the relevant requirements of applicable military/government specifications:
- MIL-G-8402 Gauges, Pressure
- MS33649-8 Cylinder Port
- MIL-H-81581 Hose Assembly, Breathing Oxygen
- MIL-S-7720/QQ-S-763 Fittings
- MIL-R-17852C-Reducer, Oxygen Pressure
- ASTM A269 Tubing
- DOT FRP-1 Std.; Type 3FC Cylinders under DOT-E-8162-1850
Rugged, Reliable, Rechargeable OXCON Parachute Oxygen Systems Equipment
The 6-Man OXCON 3000 components are contained within a compact, rugged and reliable structure. It can be easily installed for missions requiring oxygen and can be recharged simply without disassembly and cleaning. Its rugged construction allows for extended service life in the field.
Medical Grade Regulator
The 6-Man OXCON 3000 Oxygen Console incorporates the proven design of a regulator developed for use in the commercial life support and medical oxygen-handling field. The regulator, mounted beneath the console’s top side servicing panel, reduces the internally mounted supply cylinder pressure to provide a constant, usable system pressure of 70 psi. (4.8 Bars). The manual on/off valve is rated to 5000 psi (344 Bars) heavy duty service. The multi-station manifolds mounted beneath the enclosure panels provide quick connects on each side of the 6-Man OXCON 3000 housing.
Safety “All the Way!”
- A low pressure system-monitoring gauge is provided on the servicing side manifold, conveniently located near the quick connects. The system charging valve is located near the on/off valve and high-pressure monitoring gauge.
- Three pressure indicators are provided with the 6-Man OXCON 3000. A high pressure gauge indicates the available supply pressure from the pressure vessels. Two low-pressure gauges (one on each side) allow monitoring of the regulated outlet pressure at the quick connect manifolds. Both gauges conform to Military Standard (Mil Std.) specifications.
- Protective guards are provided around control gauges and connections to minimize the risk of impact damage during handling.
- The 8-man OXCON system includes 7-120” hose/flow blinker assemblies, 1-216” hose/flow blinker assembly, 1-oxygen charging assembly and 1-purging valve assembly.
- The 6-Man OXCON system includes 5-120” hose/flow blinker assemblies, 1-216” hose/flow blinker assembly, 1-oxygen charging assembly and 1-purging valve assembly.
Additional Parachute Oxygen Systems Products
The Airborne family of personnel oxygen systems for military jumpers also includes:
Safe Oxygen Booster Pump Air Systems
The SOLR™ Oxygen Booster Pump for army jumpers can be used safely and efficiently to fill high pressure oxygen systems to pressures up to 4,500 psi.
Although designed to be used with the SOLR™ 3000 and SOLR™ 4500 high pressure parachutist oxygen systems, the SOLR™ Oxygen Booster Pump is also compatible with legacy equipment including the PHAOS and PHANTOM systems.
Air Boosters for HALO / HAHO Military Missions
- Three high pressure outlets preset at 3,000 psi.
- One low pressure outlet preset at 1,800 psi.
- All outlets can be adjusted by the end user to provide fill pressures to 4,500 psi.
- Brass high pressure manifold
- Electrically-driven pump
- CGA 540 inlet connector
- Two position adjustable inlet shut-off valve
- Two-stage design
- Two Safety Relief Valves for high pressure and low pressure outlets
- Seals rated at 10,000 psi.
- Non-lubricated drive section
- Sealed bearings
- Cooling fan and finned intercooler
- Fills oxygen cylinders at nearly ambient temperature*
- Digital hour meter to track service life
- Easy maintenance (see service schedule)
- Weight: approximately 165 lbs. (75 kg)
- Dimensions approximately 45” x 19” x 20.5” (114 cm x 48 cm x 52 cm)
* Because temperature increases are a safety hazard during oxygen replenishment, the thermal stability provided by the SOLR™ Oxygen Booster Pump virtually eliminates fire hazards when filling pressurized systems.
Oxygen Booster Pump Capacity
The SOLR™ Oxygen Booster Pump is factory preset to fill:
- three systems to 3,000 psi (e.g. bailout bottles) and one system to 1,800 psi (e.g. oxygen console)
- four systems to 1,800 psi.
- can be easily adjusted to accommodate filling to any pressure up to 4,500 psi, whether on special request at the time of the order, or directly by the end user.
Additional Oxygen Booster Pump System Products
The Airborne family of personnel oxygen systems for military jumpers also includes:
Supplemental Parachute Oxygen Mask
The SOLR™ Parachute Oxygen Mask builds on the reliability and strong features of its predecessor, the Airborne Systems’ PHAOS Oxygen Mask, the current reference for the parachutist oxygen masks used by Military Units worldwide.
The SOLR™ Oxygen Mask is compatible with the new SOLR™ and legacy PHAOS Bailout Bottles. It is also compatible with the PHANTOM Bailout Bottle.
New and Improved Parachute Oxygen Mask
The SOLR™ Oxygen Mask provides the same performance and time proven reliability as the PHAOS Oxygen Mask, with the added benefit of new features developed based on input received from experiences collected over the years from the Military Free Fall community.
The SOLR™ Oxygen Mask features a new non-dilution oxygen demand regulator which delivers 100% oxygen during inhalation, both during pre-breathing and during the actual jump and descent under canopy. This ensures that the jumper is never breathing a mix of gas and mitigates the risk of hypoxia, drastically increasing the safety of operation. This breakthrough innovation is made possible thanks to the very high service pressure of Airborne Systems’ latest Bailout Bottles, allowing them to contain significantly more oxygen than traditional Bailout Bottles.
Versatile and Comfortable Parachute Oxygen Mask
- On demand regulator, no dilution (100% O2)
- Modular (dilution module optional)
- Compatible with SOLR / PHAOS / PHANTOM Bailout Bottles
- 5 sizes (from the 3rd percentile female through the 97th percentile male)
- Compatible with all parachutist helmets on the market
- Easy maintenance
Its black soft silicone shell has a lower durometer than the traditional harder gray silicone shell found on other Oxygen Masks and was specifically developed to improve comfort over extended period of use.
Safety as a Priority
The SOLR™ Oxygen Mask is equipped with an automatic Anti Suffocation Valve that opens up automatically when the jumper’s Bailout Bottle is empty or disconnected from the mask. It allows the jumper to breathe comfortably throughout the total descent, even after all oxygen is consumed. It also provides facial protection for inadvertent landings in brush and trees. The SOLR Oxygen Mask eliminates hoses and connectors on the front torso providing the parachutist with a “clean front” thus improving vision and mobility.
It provides a secured and adjustable seal to the jumper’s face. It can be easily and rapidly detached by the jumper himself or by another user assisting the jumper in case of emergency. The SOLR Oxygen Mask is also equipped with a standard M-169A/ AIC microphone that can be connected easily to the parachutist’s communication equipment.
Additional Oxygen System Products
The Airborne family of personnel oxygen systems for military jumpers also includes:
Low Cost Aerial Cargo Delivery Parachute
Airborne Systems designs and manufactures a low cost cargo delivery parachute that can be utilized as a one-time parachute system or repacked in as little as 1.5 hours and reused as necessary. The Unicross military parachute is durable for training and its modular design allows panels replacement without sewing. This results in reduced costs for assembly, training and maintenance.
- Easily assemble or make repairs in the field without sewing.
- Eliminates the requirement to recover the deployment bag into the aircraft with the release-away static line.
- Reduce costs on assembly, training and maintenance.
- Re-use panels from recovered parachutes to build new systems.
- The Unicross comes in three different sizes: 150, 500, and 2200. See chart below for more details.
Efficient and Sustainable
- Economical solution throughout: Each part of the system is designed with cost efficiency in mind (Canopy, D-bag, Riser, Cargo container slings) while allowing for multiple re-use.
- Easy drop: The release away static line eliminates the requirement to recover the deployment bag into the aircraft. Also, the Unicross can be dropped from any cargo ramp and paratroop door equipped aircraft.
- Enhanced material for more robust overall product: Multiple use cargo parachute.
- Easy tie-in panel construction: The UNICROSS parachute is built with two types of interchangeable panels (crown and wing panels). It offers a considerable reduction in maintenance time and repairs can easily be made in the field as no sewing is required.
Atlas PR-A2 Parachute Release
Complementary to the Unicross parachute system is the Atlas PR-A2 Parachute Release, a mechanism that separates the parachute from its cargo upon landing.
Versatile One-time Use or Quick Repack
Its design is particularly suitable for humanitarian drops and war-related operations when the recovery of the parachutes is not practical. These include, but are not limited to the following:
- Food and water resupplies
- Medical supplies
- Makeshift drop zones
- Drops over water
Although more economical than a classic cargo parachute, the Unicross can be reused (up to five times) and its design ensures reliable openings and stable descent of the payload.
Cargo delivery system
Improve military mission capabilities without compromising safety or increasing training requirements. The MicroFly II® is an autonomous cargo delivery system that emphasizes ease of use, flexibility, and low cost. The MicroFly II® Guided Precision Aerial Delivery System (GPADS) is designed to utilize the same canopy as the HAHO/HALO insertion teams which therefore allows both equipment and jumper to land together.
It can also be used in a standalone configuration supplying small weight range payload to designated drop zones. Furthermore, the MicroFly II® may be used as a re-supply to troops on the ground when larger systems such as the Flyclops2K or the Dragonfly10K are not required.
- Deliver cargo to unsafe warzone.
- Guide jumpers to their destination.
- Allow for more accessible equipment upon landing.
- Deliver odd-shaped supplies.
Combo Drops – Unmatched Performance
The MicroFly II® will match the speed and rate of descent of a jumper under canopy, consequently allowing the MicroFly II® to lead the unit to the IP while allowing the unit to remain in close contact with the MicroFly II®. Being in close proximity thus ensures that the unit will therefore not become separated from its equipment and allows the MicroFly II® to be used as a pathfinder to the IP.
Flexibility and Control for a Range of Military Missions
- Keep the unit intact and in control of its equipment throughout the entire insertion phase of the operation.
- Use with any ram-air canopy, including the Airborne Systems Intruder 360® (RA-1), MC-4, MC-5, and others based on mission requirements.
- Rig the MicroFly II® to a bundle in 10 minutes with no pyrotechnic devices.
MicroFly II® – Proven Technology
- 15 lbs lighter than MicroFly®
- Simplified drogue fall rigging
- Removable lithium battery with a six-month maintenance schedule
MicroFly II® – Innovative Design
- Silent slider reduces noise of the system in flight (On Intruder® 360 canopy only).
- Lands autonomously into the wind or along a linear feature such as a road by entering a specific landing zone.
- Fly multiple MicroFly II® systems manually using the handheld remote control unit.
- Comes standard with Airborne Systems Mission Planner (jTrax-MP).*
- Compatible with the current USAF JPADS Mission Planner (JPADS MP).
*The Airborne Systems Mission Planner is capable of running simulated missions in virtual operational environments when using terrain-mapping software.
Cargo Delivery Parachute – One-time Use Airdrop System
The 2K1T is a lower cost, one-time use ram-air cargo delivery parachute. This unique one-time use military parachute complements the 2K FireFly® system and is part of the Airborne Systems family of Guided Precision Aerial Delivery Systems (GPADS).
The 2K Firefly® was selected as the system of choice by the US Army as part of the JPADS 2K Program and is currently being used in operational theaters delivering supplies and equipment to forces in remote locations. The 2K1T parachute is modeled after the Firefly® parachute, but is constructed using alternative material and manufacturing processes to reduce cost without sacrificing performance.
2K1T Operation is Easy As 1-2-3
To place the system into operation, the user only needs to attach the 2K1T canopy to the FireFly AGU, rig the system to a payload, enter in the Gross Rigged Weight of the system, and program the location of the Impact Point. The 2K1T parachute does not need to be recovered, thus reducing the equipment cost of delivering supplies using GPADS. The 2K1T Parachute has the same technical performance and capability as the FireFly® parachute.
Enhanced Flexibility and Lower Cost for Precision Airdrops
- Add flexibility and increase options for the commanders in the field.
- Enhance the safety of ground forces by eliminating the need to recover the parachute.
- Rated for loads up to 2,200 lbs. (1000 kg).
- Drop from high altitudes up to 17,500 ft. AMSL with a 20 km stand-off (in zero wind condition), for an accurate landing within 150 meters of the pre-defined impact point.
- Eliminate maintenance, training and rigger support, as it is delivered packed ready for deployment requiring only simple rigging to the payload.
- Lower cost of equipment thanks to innovative use of fabric material and construction methods.
- This pre-packed ready-to-use parachute goes with the FireFly® AGU and autonomous navigation software.
Compatible with other GPADS Products
The 2K FireFly® uses the same system architecture with respect to user interface and rigging as the entire family of Airborne Systems GPADS products.
Army Cargo Delivery Parachute for Light Loads
The FC Mini cargo delivery parachute is a smaller version of the FlyClops 2K, for payloads between 200-500lbs. Like the FlyClops 2K, it is a complete system, delivered packed and ready for deployment. It weighs just 11 pounds, and features a removable battery for easy charging and replacement. We are proud to offer a system that reduces the cost of a standard GPADS system. By incorporating proven technology with innovative design, Airborne Systems has created an easy to use and reliable system that meets the needs of the modern warfighter.
The FC Mini is a low cost, one time use Guided Precision Aerial Delivery System (GPADS). It provides the ability to accurately, remotely and safely deliver equipment, ammunition and other must-have supplies to Forward Operating Bases (FOBs) and/or hostile geographical locations, without the burden of recovery and retrograde of the GPADS system.
Military Cargo Delivery Made Easy
- Parachute and AGU can be stored up to 5 years prior to use.
- Lightweight, 11 lbs. (4.9 kg)
- Delivered ready to use.
- Max release altitude of 24,500 ft. MSL (7468 m)
Airborne Guidance Unit
- Lightweight: 11-lbs including the battery (standard MicroFly® AGU weighs 42-lbs)
- Compact: 10.75” x 7” x 5”
- Wood enclosure minimizes potential IED materials
- Removable battery for easy recharging and replacement
- Single actuator for easy canopy control
- Standard LCD/Keypad interface
- Commercial GPS Parachute System
- Flight performance identical standard MC-4/5 military freefall canopy
- Deployed by release away static line (RASL)
- All deployment components are retained to system
- Low-cost materials (similar to 1T 2K canopy materials)
- Maximum release altitude: 24,500 ft. MSL.
Superior Flight Software
- Airborne Systems Flight Software
- Option to automatically clear all data and render AGU unusable immediately upon landing
- Option for handheld remote control
- Compatible with USAF CAT airdrop mission planner software
- Terrain avoidance supported via Airborne Systems jTrax-MP mission planner software
- Accuracy: 60-m Average, 100-m 80% CEP 113-m 90% CEP
An Advanced System Cargo Delivery Parachute
The Airborne Systems FireFly® cargo delivery parachute was selected by the U.S. DoD as the system of choice for the U.S. 2,000 lb. Joint Precision Aerial Delivery System (2K JPADS) program. The system’s guidance, navigation and control software analyzes its environment in real time, ensuring accurate payload delivery. Its long-distance capability increases safety for the aircrew and the receiving unit, reducing the need for ground logistics. It is currently being used in operational theater to reliably deliver supplies and equipment to U.S. forces in remote locations.
Accurate, Reliable, and Easy to Use
- Carries unmanned payloads up to 2,200 lbs. (1000 kg)
- Can be dropped from altitudes up to 24,500 feet MSL
- Flies 25 kilometers or more given environmental conditions.
- Lands on target or up to 150 meters maximum of the designated impact point
- Continually adjusts for wind conditions until the final flare to land
This horizontal and vertical separation between the delivery aircraft and the unit receiving supplies increases safety for the air crew and improves security for the receiving unit. The ability to autonomously deliver supplies reduces a deployed unit’s logistical footprint and decreases the number of convoys required to sustain the force.
Comes standard with Airborne Systems Mission Planner (jTrax-MP)*. Simulating missions before an actual airdrop allows the aircrew to ensure surrounding terrain will have no effect on the mission.
Compatible with the current U.S. JPADS Mission Planner (JPADS MP); programmable through the mission planner software or the remote control unit.
*The Airborne Systems jTrax Mission Planner is also capable of running simulated missions using the included terrain mapping software.
The remote control unit offers the following capabilities:
- Provides guidance, navigation, and control software for greater accuracy and better reliability
- Monitors the status of systems while onboard the aircraft prior to drop
- Monitors directional heading during flight ensuring landing on designated impact point.
- Enables manual operator override with handheld device
Family of Systems
The FireFly® is part of a family of GPADS platforms developed and manufactured by Airborne Systems. The MicroFly®, FireFly®, and DragonFly® systems are capable of delivering gross rigged weights from 200 lbs. (90.7 kg) to 10,000 lbs. (4,535 kg). Airborne Systems has also developed the MegaFly® and the GigaFly® which will increase the GRW range up to 42,000 lbs. (19,050 kg). All operate with a common algorithm, user interface, and mission planner. The packing methodology for all systems is identical, so little additional training is required to qualify riggers on different systems.
One-time Use Cargo Delivery Parachute System
The FlyClops 2K is a unique, low-cost, one-time use Guided Precision Aerial Delivery System (GPADS) solution that eliminates recovery, maintenance and support requirements for payloads between 750-2200lb (340-998kg). The FlyClops 2K is a complete cargo delivery parachute system that is an alternative and low-cost option to our standard FireFly 2K system and includes:
Once deployed, the system need not be recovered. The reduction in initial cost and the lifecycle resource savings provide added operational flexibility.
- Supports operational payload between 700 – 2,200 lbs. (317.5 – 998 kg)
- Lightweight, 77 lbs. (35 kg)
- Max release altitude of 17,500 ft. (5334 m)
- 2K1T Canopy
Precision Airdrops Made Simple
FlyClops 2K® can glide up to 25 kilometers after being dropped, and will land within 150 meters of a designated Impact Point (IP). This horizontal and vertical separation between the delivery aircraft and the unit receiving supplies increases safety for the air crew and improves security for the receiving unit. The ability to autonomously deliver supplies reduces the need for vehicular traffic, reducing the logistical footprint and the number of convoys required to sustain a deployed force.
Reduce Cost, Improve Flexibility
The 2K1T parachute delivers the same high performance and capability as the 2K FireFly® parachute, but is designed to enable the soldier to cut the payload and guidance system free, leaving the parachute behind. Using the lower cost 2K1T parachute reduces the equipment cost of providing aerial supplies using GPADS should operational constraints dictate that the conventional FireFly® parachute cannot be recovered at the time. This option provides greater operational flexibility to commanders in the field.
Ease of Use
The FlyClops 2K® is delivered packed and ready for deployment, and requires only simple rigging to the payload.
Cargo Delivery Parachute Mission Planning
The FlyClops 2K® is compatible with the jTrax Mission Planner and the U.S. Air Force Consolidated Airdrop Tool Mission Planning Application (CAT MPA).
Personnel Parachute Systems
High-Performance Ram Air Parachute Systems (4)
Troop Parachute Systems (2)
Cargo Delivery Systems
Guided Precision Aerial Delivery Systems (4)
Low-cost Aerial Delivery (4)
Personnel Oxygen Systems (4)