SPECIAL OPERATIONS LONG RANGE OXYGEN SUPPLY
The SOLR™ 3000 bailout bottle is the latest parachutist oxygen system designed by Airborne Systems. When used with a parachutist oxygen mask, it is suitable for the most extreme HAHO / HALO missions. The 122 cu.in. oxygen bottle has similar measurements than the current PHAOS 120 cu.in oxygen bottle but offers over 60% more oxygen capacity for increased flight duration under canopy.
SOLR™ 3000 AND SOLR™ 4500 KEY FEATURES
- Avilable in 3,000 psig and 4,500 psig fill pressure
- SOLR™ 3000 – Over 60% more oxygen with the same bottle measurements as teh 120 cu in PHAOS
- SOLR™ 4500 – 50% more than SOLR™ 3000
- Brass pressure reducer, oxygen safe up to 4,500 psig (tested @ 5,395 psig)
- Universal compatibility
- Low profile oxygen gauge
- Secured output oxygen flow
- Easy oxygen gauge visibility
- Console interface includes automatic shutoff feature when connected to the console
- Manifold is 50% smaller and ensures no measurable oxygen leaks
- The double action rotating toggle oxygen switch eliminates unintentional oxygen flow shutoff for increased safety
- Compatible with U.S. Army POM mask
The Parachutist Oxygen Console (OXCON) is a lightweight system which has been in use around the world for over 25 years. It is a portable, multi-station oxygen system designed to contain and distribute regulated oxygen for pre-breathing onboard a transport aircraft as a supplement for the man-mounted PHAOS system.
The multi-station manifolds provide quick connects on each side of the housing. Each side has a low-pressure gauge to allow monitoring of the regulated outlet pressure. Its components are contained within a compact, rugged structure that can be easily installed for missions requiring oxygen.
The 6-Man OXCON is tested and certified for use by the U.S. Naval Air Warfare Center.
MEETING THE CHALLENGES FOR HIGH ALTITUDE PARACHUTISTS
- 8-Man, 6-Man, or 2-Man configurations
- The manual on/off valve is rated to 5000 PSI heavy duty service
- Monitor the constant system pressure of 70 PSIG with the in-line flow indicators
- Rugged construction, with protective guards around controls, gauges and connections
- Stainless steel fittings for easy maintenance
- High pressure gauge indicates the available supply pressure from the pressure reservoirs
All components have been designed or selected to conform to the relevant requirements of applicable military/government specifications:
- MIL-G-8402 Gauges, Pressure
- MS33649-8 Cylinder Port
- MIL-H-81581 Hose Assembly, Breathing Oxygen
- MIL-S-7720/QQ-S-763 Fittings
- MIL-R-17852C-Reducer, Oxygen Pressure
- ASTM A269 Tubing
- DOT FRP-1 Std; Type 3FC Cylinders under DOT-E-8162-1850
The 8-man OXCON system includes 7-120” hose/flow blinker assemblies, 1-216” hose/flow blinker assembly, 1-oxygen charging assembly and 1-purging valve assembly.
The 6-Man OXCON system includes 5-120” hose/flow blinker assemblies, 1-216” hose/flow blinker assembly, 1-oxygen charging assembly and 1-purging valve assembly.
The SOLR™ Oxygen Booster Pump can be used safely and efficiently to fill high pressure oxygen systems to pressures up to 4,500 psi.
Although designed to be used with the SOLR™ 3000 and SOLR™ 4500 high pressure parachutist oxygen systems, the SOLR™ Oxygen Booster Pump is also compatible with legacy equipment including the PHAOS and PHANTOM systems.
- Three high pressure outlets preset at 3,000 psi.
- One low pressure outlet preset at 1,800 psi.
- All outlets can be adjusted by the end user to provide fill pressures to 4,500 psi.
- Brass high pressure manifold.
- Electrically-driven pump.
- CGA 540 inlet connector.
- Two position adjustable inlet shut-off valve.
- Two-stage design.
- Two Safety Relief Valves for high pressure and low pressure outlets.
- Seals rated at 10,000 psi.
- Non-lubricated drive section.
- Sealed bearings.
- Cooling fan and finned intercooler.
- Fills oxygen cyclinders at nearly ambient temperature.
- Digital hour meter to track service life.
The SOLR™ Oxygen Mask builds on the reliability and strong features of its predecessor, the Airborne Systems’ PHAOS Oxygen Mask, the current reference for the Parachutist Oxygen Masks used by Military Units worldwide.
The SOLR™ Oxygen Mask is compatible with the new SOLR™ and legacy PHAOS Bailout Bottles. It is also compatible with the PHANTOM Bailout Bottle.
The SOLR™ Oxygen Mask provides the same performance and time proven reliability as the PHAOS Oxygen Mask, with the added benefit of new features developed based on input received from experiences collected over the years from the Military Free Fall community.
The SOLR™ Oxygen Mask features a new non-dilution oxygen demand regulator which delivers 100% oxygen during inhalation, both during pre-breathing and during the actual jump and descent under canopy. This ensures that the jumper is never breathing a mix of gas and mitigates the risk of hypoxia, drastically increasing the safety of operation. This breakthrough innovation is made possible thanks to the very high service pressure of Airborne Systems’ latest Bailout Bottles, allowing them to contain significantly more oxygen than traditional Bailout Bottles.
- On demand regulator, no dilution (100% O2)
- Modular (dilution module optional)
- Compatible with SOLR / PHAOS / PHANTOM Bailout Bottles
- 5 sizes
- Compatible with all parachutist helmets on the market
- Easy maintenance
LOW COST AERIAL DELIVERY
Airborne Systems designs and manufactures a low cost cargo parachute that can be utilized as a one-time system or repacked and reused as necessary. The Unicross parachute is durable for training and its modular design allows panels replacement without sewing. This results in reduced costs for assembly, training and maintenance.
The Unicross comes in three different sizes : 150, 500, and 2200. See the chart below for more details.
Features of the Unicross:
- Easily assemble or make repairs in the field without sewing
- Eliminates the requirement to recover the deployment bag into the aircraft with the release-away static line
- Reduce costs on assembly, training and maintenance
- Re-use panels from recovered parachutes to build new systems
Parachute Release— ATLAS PR-A2
Complementary to the Unicross parachute system is the Atlas PR-A2 Parachute Release, a mechanism that separates the parachute from its cargo upon landing.
Improve military mission capabilities without compromising safety or increasing training requirements. The MicroFly II® is an autonomous equipment delivery system that emphasizes ease of use, flexibility, and low cost. The MicroFly II® is designed to utilize the same canopy as the HAHO/HALO insertion teams to allow both equipment and jumper to land together. It can also be used in a standalone configuration supplying small weight range payload to designated drop zones.
FLEXIBILITY AND CONTROL FOR A RANGE OF MISSIONS
- Keep the unit intact and in control of its equipment throughout the entire insertion phase of the operation
- Use with any ram-air canopy, including the Airborne Systems Intruder 360® (RA-1), MC-4, MC-5, or others based on mission requirements
- Rig the MicroFly II® to a bundle in 10 minutes with no pyrotechnic devices
- Lands autonomously into the wind or along a linear feature such as a road by entering a specific landing zone
- Fly multiple MicroFly II® systems manually using the remote control unit
- Comes standard with Airborne Systems Mission Planner (jTrax-MP)*
- Compatible with the current USAF JPADS Mission Planner (JPADS MP)
*The Airborne Systems Mission Planner is capable of running simulated missions in virtual operational environments when using terrain-mapping software.
The 2K1T is a lower cost, one-time use ram-air parachute. This unique one-time use parachute complements the 2K FireFly® system and is part of the Airborne Systems family of Guided Precision Aerial Delivery Systems (GPADS).
The 2K Firefly® was selected as the system of choice by the US Army as part of the JPADS 2K Program and is currently being used in operational theaters delivering supplies and equipment to forces in remote locations. The 2K1T parachute is modeled after the Firefly® parachute, but is constructed using alternative material and manufacturing processes to reduce cost without sacrificing performance.
ENHANCED FLEXIBILITY AND LOWER COST FOR PRECISION AIRDROPS
- Add flexibility and increase options for the commanders in the field
- Enhance the safety of ground forces by eliminating the need to recover the parachute.
- Rated for loads up to 2,200 lbs (1000 kg).
- Drop from high altitudes up to 17,500 ft AMSL with a 20 km stand-off (in zero wind condition), for an accurate landing within 150 meters of the pre-defined impact point.
- Eliminate maintenance, training and rigger support, as it is delivered packed ready for deployment requiring only simple rigging to the payload.
- Lower cost of equipment thanks to innovative use of fabric material and construction methods.
- A pre-packed ready-to-use parachute to go with the FireFly® AGU and autonomous navigation software.
The FC Mini is a smaller version of the FlyClops 2K, for payloads between 200-500lbs. Like the FlyClops 2K, it is a complete system, delivered packed and ready for deployment. It weighs just 11 pounds, and features a removable battery for easy charging and replacement. We are proud to have the ability to offer a system that relieves the cost and recovery burden of a standard GPADS system.
- Parachute and AGU can be stored up to 5 years prior to use
- Lightweight, 11 lbs (4.9 kg)
- Delivered ready to use
- Max release altitude of 24,500 ft MSL (7468 m)
The Airborne Systems FireFly® was selected by the U.S. DoD as the system of choice for the U.S. 2,000 lb Joint Precision Aerial Delivery System (2K JPADS) program. The system’s guidance, navigation and control software analyzes its environment in real time, ensuring accurate payload delivery. Its long-distance capability increases safety for the aircrew and the receiving unit, reducing the need for ground logistics. It is currently being used in operational theater to reliably deliver supplies and equipment to U.S. forces in remote locations.
AN ADVANCED SYSTEM THAT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE AND EASY-TO-USE
- Carries unmanned payloads up to 2,200 lb (1000 kg)
- Can be dropped from altitudes up to 24,500 feet MSL
- Flies 25 kilometers or more given environmental conditions.
- Lands on target or up to 150 meters maximum of the designated impact point
- Continually adjusts for wind conditions until the final flare to land
- Comes standard with Airborne Systems Mission Planner (jTrax-MP)*
- Compatible with the current U.S. JPADS Mission Planner (JPADS MP); programmable through the mission planner software or the remote control unit:
- The remote control unit offers the following capabilities
- Provides guidance, navigation, and control software for greater accuracy and better reliability
- Monitors the status of systems while onboard the aircraft prior to drop
- Monitors directional heading during flight ensuring landing on designated impact point.
- Enables manual operator override with handheld device
The FlyClops 2K is a unique, low-cost, one-time use Guided Precision Aerial Delivery System (GPADS) solution that eliminates recovery, maintenance and support requirements for payloads between 750-2200lb (340-998kg). The FlyClops 2K is a complete system that is an alternative and low cost option to our standard FireFly 2K system. We use a one-time use GPADS, and our one time use 2K1T canopy. Once deployed, the system need not be recovered. The reduction in initial cost and the lifecycle resource savings provide added operational flexibility.
It is delivered packed and ready for deployment. It requires only simple rigging to the payload.
- Supports operational payload between 700 – 2,200 lb (317.5 – 998 kg)
- Lightweight, 77 lb (35 kg)
- Delivered ready to use
- Max release altitude of 17,500 ft (5334 m)
The 2K1T parachute delivers the same high performance and capability as the 2K FireFly® parachute, but is designed to enable the soldier to cut the payload and guidance system free, leaving the parachute behind. Using the lower cost 2K1T parachute reduces the equipment cost of providing aerial supplies using GPADS should operational constraints dictate that the conventional FireFly® parachute cannot be recovered at the time. This option provides greater operational flexibility to commanders in the field.
Personnel Parachute Systems
High-Performance Ram Air Parachute Systems (4)
Troop Parachute Systems (2)
Cargo Delivery Systems
Guided Precision Aerial Delivery Systems (4)
Low-cost Aerial Delivery (4)
Personnel Oxygen Systems (4)