The 2K1T is a lower cost, one-time use ram-air parachute. This unique one-time use parachute complements the 2K FireFly® system and is part of the Airborne Systems family of Guided Precision Aerial Delivery Systems (GPADS).
The 2K Firefly® was selected as the system of choice by the US Army as part of the JPADS 2K Program and is currently being used in operational theaters delivering supplies and equipment to forces in remote locations. The 2K1T parachute is modeled after the Firefly® parachute, but is constructed using alternative material and manufacturing processes to reduce cost without sacrificing performance.
ENHANCED FLEXIBILITY AND LOWER COST FOR PRECISION AIRDROPS
- Add flexibility and increase options for the commanders in the field
- Enhance the safety of ground forces by eliminating the need to recover the parachute.
- Rated for loads up to 2,200 lbs (1000 kg).
- Drop from high altitudes up to 25,000 ft AMSL with a 20 km stand-off (in zero wind condition), for an accurate landing within 150 meters of the pre-defined impact point.
- Eliminate maintenance, training and rigger support, as it is delivered packed ready for deployment requiring only simple rigging to the payload.
- Lower cost of equipment thanks to innovative use of fabric material and construction methods.
- A pre-packed ready-to-use parachute to go with the FireFly® AGU and autonomous navigation software.