Selected as the system of choice for the U.S. 10,000 lb Joint Precision Aerial Delivery System (JPADS 10k) program, the Airborne Systems Dragonfly® is a fully autonomous GPS-guided cargo delivery system. Featuring a fully elliptical ram-air parachute canopy, it has repeatedly demonstrated the ability to land within 150 meters of a designated Impact Point.
ACCURATE AND EASY TO USE
- Using only Impact Point data, the Airborne Guidance Unit (AGU) calculates its position four times per second and continually adjusts its flight algorithm to ensure maximum accuracy
- Has a glide ratio of 3.0:1 for maximum offset capability
- A unique modular system allows the AGU to be charged while the canopy is being packed, enabling turnaround times of less than four hours between drops
- Comes standard with Airborne Systems Mission Planner (jTrax-MP)*
- Compatible with the current U.S. JPADS Mission Planner (JPADS MP)
- Can be rigged for extraction or gravity drop
*The Airborne Systems Mission Planner is capable of running simulated missions in virtual operational environments when using terrain-mapping software.