Portable Parachute Oxygen Systems Console for Military Missions
The Parachutist Oxygen Console (OXCON) is a lightweight parachute oxygen system used in HAHO / HALO missions around the world for over 25 years. With a portable, multi-station system, it is designed to contain and distribute regulated oxygen for pre-breathing onboard a military transport aircraft as a supplement for the man-mounted PHAOS parachute oxygen systems.
The multi-station manifolds provide quick connects on each side of the housing. Each side has a low-pressure gauge to allow monitoring of the regulated outlet pressure. Its components are contained within a compact, rugged structure that can be easily installed for missions requiring oxygen.
The 6-Man OXCON is tested and certified for use by the U.S. Naval Air Warfare Center.
Meeting the Challenges for High Altitude Parachutists
- 8-Man, 6-Man, or 2-Man configurations
- The manual on/off valve is rated to 5000 PSI heavy duty service
- Monitor the constant system pressure of 70 PSIG with the in-line flow indicators
- Rugged construction, with protective guards around controls, gauges and connections
- Stainless steel fittings for easy maintenance
- High pressure gauge indicates the available supply pressure from the pressure reservoirs
Parachute Oxygen Systems Specialized Components
All parachute oxygen systems components have been designed or selected to conform to the relevant requirements of applicable military/government specifications:
- MIL-G-8402 Gauges, Pressure
- MS33649-8 Cylinder Port
- MIL-H-81581 Hose Assembly, Breathing Oxygen
- MIL-S-7720/QQ-S-763 Fittings
- MIL-R-17852C-Reducer, Oxygen Pressure
- ASTM A269 Tubing
- DOT FRP-1 Std.; Type 3FC Cylinders under DOT-E-8162-1850
Rugged, Reliable, Rechargeable OXCON Parachute Oxygen Systems Equipment
The 6-Man OXCON 3000 components are contained within a compact, rugged and reliable structure. It can be easily installed for missions requiring oxygen and can be recharged simply without disassembly and cleaning. Its rugged construction allows for extended service life in the field.
Medical Grade Regulator
The 6-Man OXCON 3000 Oxygen Console incorporates the proven design of a regulator developed for use in the commercial life support and medical oxygen-handling field. The regulator, mounted beneath the console’s top side servicing panel, reduces the internally mounted supply cylinder pressure to provide a constant, usable system pressure of 70 psi. (4.8 Bars). The manual on/off valve is rated to 5000 psi (344 Bars) heavy duty service. The multi-station manifolds mounted beneath the enclosure panels provide quick connects on each side of the 6-Man OXCON 3000 housing.
Safety “All the Way!”
- A low pressure system-monitoring gauge is provided on the servicing side manifold, conveniently located near the quick connects. The system charging valve is located near the on/off valve and high-pressure monitoring gauge.
- Three pressure indicators are provided with the 6-Man OXCON 3000. A high pressure gauge indicates the available supply pressure from the pressure vessels. Two low-pressure gauges (one on each side) allow monitoring of the regulated outlet pressure at the quick connect manifolds. Both gauges conform to Military Standard (Mil Std.) specifications.
- Protective guards are provided around control gauges and connections to minimize the risk of impact damage during handling.
- The 8-man OXCON system includes 7-120” hose/flow blinker assemblies, 1-216” hose/flow blinker assembly, 1-oxygen charging assembly and 1-purging valve assembly.
- The 6-Man OXCON system includes 5-120” hose/flow blinker assemblies, 1-216” hose/flow blinker assembly, 1-oxygen charging assembly and 1-purging valve assembly.
Additional Parachute Oxygen Systems Products
The Airborne family of personnel oxygen systems for military jumpers also includes: