Performs a variety of functions within the materials department including, but not limited to shipping/receiving, distribution and storage of raw materials, as well as packaging. This position follows standard practices with moderate supervision provided by the Materials Manager. Interacts with all departments.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive, verify and distribute all incoming materials.
- Check and report visual damage upon receipt.
- Count and verify incoming materials to purchase orders and packing lists.
- Prepare proper forms for repair or returns.
Packaging / Labeling
- Package and label all products in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensure that designated items are packaged and labeled according to contract requirements.
- Verify item quantities for each order.
- Maintain a neat and controlled stockroom.
- Stock and distribute raw materials and finished goods according to established procedures.
- Visually review stock levels and physically count designated items at set periodic intervals.
- Maintain batch/lot integrity.
- Pull stock by FIFO (first in first out) method when possible.
- Follow established materials control procedures.
- Maintain accuracy of counts.
- Pack and mark shipments to ensure safe transport, and in accordance with the requirements of the contract or order.
- Verify that all materials comply with the order to be shipped prior to packing.
- Ensure that shipments comply with applicable safety regulations for hazardous cargo.
- Ensure that items are shipped via the appropriate mode of transportation, and that all documentation required for shipping via that mode is complete and in order.
- Construct special shipping containers if required, using hand and power tools.
- Prepare required reports (e.g. shipping, transfer, receiving) by the prescribed time.
- Provide feedback of delays or problems.
- Perform light maintenance duties as required, including the cleaning of areas of operation.
- Protect raw materials and finished goods from damage.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
Must be US citizen or Permanent Resident (Export Control requirement)
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Detail oriented and good with numbers.
- Valid driver’s license. Driving record must meet and maintain applicable company standards for initial and continued employment.
- Mandatory (unexpected) overtime when required.
On-the-job training: Three to six months
WORK ENVIRONMENT *
The work environment for this job is in a general office setting. The noise level is normally quiet to moderate due to some office equipment and office traffic.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS *
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and/or reach. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor