This position assists with maintaining accounts payable and receivable and provides administrative support.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process customer payments received via EFT, credit card, or company check (includes interface with customer banks and letter of credit collection).
- As directed, follow up on all outstanding amounts due from customers to ensure timely payment.
- Review UPS/shipping invoices against shipper’s reports for accuracy. Perform necessary actions to correct discrepancies.
- Maintains an open receiving file and open purchase order file.
- Matches all invoices with purchase orders and receiving documents to be completed for payment. Verifies invoices for quantity, unit price, extension, and discounts when applicable.
- Routes invoices with missing support documentation to department managers for approval.
- Assigns dates for invoices to be paid if different from normal vendor terms.
- Reviews variances and posts work in process job closures.
- Posts engineering time to IR&D and customer jobs.
- Provide administrative support, sort accounting mail, file all accounts receivable documents.
- Perform any related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
- High school diploma with accounting training desirable.
- Currently enrolled in 4 year college pursuing finance degree.
- Good knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Professional and friendly phone etiquette skills.
- Customer Service experience desired.
Work Environment: (*)
- The work environment for this job is in a general office setting. The noise level is normally quiet to moderate due to some office equipment and office traffic.
Physical Demands: (*)
- The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and/or reach. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- *Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.