The IT Support Technician supports onsite and remote users and equipment by serving as a first point of contact for resolving IT related problems for approximately 160 onsite and additional remote users. Good troubleshooting and diagnostic skills required to quickly resolve problems as they arise.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to support requests by phone, email, and in person.
- Computer/OS support (Windows 7/10).
- Application support (MS Office, Acrobat, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Syspro).
- Network connectivity troubleshooting.
- Printer troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Password resets.
- User account creation/changes and associated documentation.
- Malware/virus resolution.
- Image computers/Install applications.
- Report generation (security/access/ERP).
- Mobile device support and deployment (iPhone, Android).
- Track and document equipment inventory and infrastructure.
- Other typical helpdesk and support tasks.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Additional duties may include minor systems administration tasks, equipment procurement, backup, and other related tasks as required.
Education & Experience:
- Associate’s degree in a related area preferred.
- 1+ years in a helpdesk or other technical support role.
- Effective communication skills.
- Tailor communication to both technical and non-technical users.
- Clear and concise writing.
- Computer troubleshooting and application/user support.
- Active Directory, Windows Server 2012/2016/2019, SCCM, SharePoint, Syspro/ERP experience a plus.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to manage multiple projects and problem solve.
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff both technical and non-technical users.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
Periodic travel may be required to support project functions such as supplier visits, product testing, and technical customer meetings.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, and kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Vision requirements include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: (*)
This position will require a working environment mix comprised of office, shop floor, field and customer locations (both domestic and international). While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to static electricity; explosives in test conditions; fumes; airborne particles; outside weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is normally moderate may be occasionally high.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V