Signing Bonus Available
The Mechanical/Process Engineering job involves responsibility for the technical support of the design, manufacturing process, fabrication, test, and inspection of oxygen related products.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate in the design and development of Oxygen products.
- Responsibility for mechanical, functional, and test support of Oxygen products and systems.
- Focal point for all manufacturing process and implementation requirements.
- Utilize computer-assisted design and/or Solid Works software to prepare drafts relating to the fundamental concepts of the products or product upgrades.
- Develop blueprints, drawings, technical graphs, concept reports, as well as other documents to support certification and manufacturing of the devices.
- Resolve any product issues with the production department and/or suppliers.
- Supervise technicians and production workers as needed.
- Train and mentor personnel working on the project, as required.
- Support design, production, fabrication and quality in developing a work cell structure.
- Develop manufacturing and reliability protocols.
- Work with other Business Units to develop and implement preventative maintenance processes for the products developed and manufactured.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of five years’ experience and/or equivalent knowledge.
- Proficient with CAD software platforms.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of hands on mechanical design.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience involving system’s engineering and integration concepts.
- The ability to develop and interpret detailed product technical specifications.
- Familiarity with life cycle product configuration management concepts and tools.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Work precisely and pay close attention to details.
- Advanced organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work at a very fast pace in an “agile” environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Work Environment: (*) The position requires that the employee regularly sits and talks or hears. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, such as with a keyboard, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements include close and distance vision with ability to adjust focus.
Physical Demands: (*)
The work environment for this job ranges from a general office setting to field work at airfield drop zones. The noise level can be somewhat loud due to close proximity to aircraft. While normal work activities are performed in an office setting, occasionally there can be some strenuous physical requirements while working with product prototypes in a R&D facility or at an airport drop zone.
*Note: both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor