Deliver quality (accurate, complete, clear, compelling) proposals with appropriate documentation to Airborne Systems’ customers in a timely, cost effective manner. Ensure contracts are properly reviewed and coordinated with all organizations within Airborne Systems and ensure products are delivered to the customer as required by the contract. Support the Sales and Production Teams in meeting requirements for customer needs and deadlines.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead and manage the inside sales process which includes:
1. Identify all proposal requirements, schedules, and unique terms and communicate these requirements to all functions involved with proposal preparation.
2. Lead proposal kick-off meetings, proposal review meetings, etc. to ensure all functions are working toward the common goal.
3. Review market analysis to determine customer needs, win price, schedules, and discount rates.
4. Prepare financial/cost data needed to develop bids/proposals.
5. Prepare quotes as well as large and complex proposals for requested items.
6. Prepare all related financial analyses (cash flow analysis, net present value analysis, capital expenditures requests, etc.) to support proposal preparation and approval.
7. Review bids with contributing organizations and ensure all authorizing managers approve and sign.
8. Prepare proposal documents for price approval.
9. Coordinate the review of contract Terms and Conditions with others in the company as required.
10. Ensure compliance with TINA and requirements relative to certified cost or pricing data.
1. Coordinate with others in the department to ensure compliance with all export laws, terms and conditions, and all other contract requirements.
2. Coordinate letters of credit and other requirements with the Finance Department.
3. Maintain a data base/historical record of all proposals and research bid history as required.
4. Continuously improve the inside sales process to reduce costs and improve customer service.
Lead all internal activities required to meet contractual requirements
1. Lead the transition from proposal to contract performance which includes the coordination of internal reviews of contracts, terms and condition flow down, planning, scheduling and coordination.
2. Enter bid information into Syspro system.
3. Attend the weekly production meeting to ensure all contract requirements are coordinated within the company.
4. Coordinate and track production status, export license status, letters of credit, etc., and report on a weekly basis.
5. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
6. Follows company rules and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related subject.
• 5-7 years of experience in sales administration or related fields.
• Experience in U.S. Government and Commercial/International contracts administration including FAR/DFAR interpretation and financial analysis.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
• Ability to demonstrate excellent people management skills.
• Excellent organizational skills required and must be able to lead/manage multiple tasks.
• Proven leadership and management skills and must be comfortable working with several different organizations (Contracts and Compliance, Operations, Finance, etc.) to meet customer needs.
• Action oriented.
• Excellent writing skills and must be able to write proposals that are fully compliant with customer requests.
• Operating knowledge of the FAR and DFAR.
• Must be able to work in a rapidly changing environment where changes happen quickly and where customers require a quick response.
• Gather and analyze information skillfully. Identify and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, managers, and employees.
• Must have excellent skills in Excel and Microsoft Word with working knowledge in Syspro, PowerPoint, and Outlook software.
• Limited domestic travel required.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and/or reach. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: (*)
The work environment for this job is in a general office setting. The noise level is normally quiet to moderate due to some office equipment and office traffic.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor