This position is responsible for Airborne Systems’ Military Free Fall training, Static line training and equipment training on parachutes, aerial delivery systems as well as other related products. This individual would manage the execution of training and select training facilities, Program of Instruction (POI) development, as well as seek ways to develop new training to grow the business. Work location is Eloy, Arizona.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the General Manager for a Military Free Fall Basic Course.
- Manage and control the execution of U.S. government contracts related to training.
- Manages functional team members with respect to project schedule and funding thereby contributing to revenue and profit. Ensures project quality, provides technical advice, and resolves problems.
- Effectively leads a team in a matrix organization in the execution of training.
- Responsible for training facility management.
- Provide technical support or training to military customers, whether on-site or off-site.
- Document instructional data.
- Develops and maintains effective customer and vendor interfaces throughout and after the lifespan of each project.
- Provides leadership in program planning, policies, procedures, design, productivity, and product innovation.
- Responsible for continuing to learn new products.
- Provide technical assistance during the development of new or upgraded products. This would include but not be limited to flight performance data collection, analysis and documentation, as well as set-up of test items or systems.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
- Four year college degree required or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Military Freefall Instructor.
- Accelerated Freefall Instructor (AFFI).
- USPA Class D Sport Parachute license preferred.
- Instructor Training Course (ITC) or like qualification.
- FAA Parachute Rigger Rating preferred.
- Current experience/qualification with ASNA products preferred.
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills to promote enthusiasm and ensure team success.
- Excellent skills in communicating both verbally and in writing for reports, business correspondence and procedures, and in effectively presenting information and responding to questions of managers, clients, and customers.
- Strong PC skills and working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook is required.
- Basic electronic knowledge is helpful.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Human relations skills to deal effectively with customers either in person or on the phone.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
- Executive Order 14042 Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors is applicable.
- May require travel for extended periods.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed is also a requirement.
Training Requirements: This position requires that the employee remain current as a United States Parachute Association (USPA) Accelerated Freefall Instructor (AFFI) certification.
Work Environment*: The work environment for this job ranges from a general classroom setting while instructing to fieldwork at airport drop zones including jumping activities. The noise level can be somewhat loud due to close proximity to aircraft. While normal work activities will be performed in a classroom setting, occasionally there can be some strenuous physical requirements while working with products during instruction and training.
Physical Demands*: The position requires that the employee be capable of parachute jumping. The employee is regularly required to sit and talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, such as with a keyboard, handle, or feel. The employee is often required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Vision requirements include close and distance vision with ability to adjust focus.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor