Manages the maintenance and operation of one or more facilities or properties. Develops maintenance policy and procedures that ensure the optimal functioning of buildings, grounds, and associated equipment. Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for making sure that buildings and their services meet the needs of the people that work in them.
- Manages all building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, safety, and waste management to maintain the working environment. Monitors the buildings (including any surrounding grounds) to ensure that they are well-maintained, safe, secure and pleasant environment.
- Works with the company employees, the public, and contractors on a number of tasks, such as workplace setup, maintenance issues, and construction.
- Plans and manages any refurbishments, renovations and office moves to make sure they all run smoothly.
- Accountable for services such as cleaning, waste management, security and parking, to make sure the surrounding environment is in a suitable condition to work.
- Works with production and support maintenance of production equipment and production facility infrastructure.
- Evaluates practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Monitors compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations.
- Inspects equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Prepares and maintains health and safety reports, including all governmental requirements such as OSHA reporting, Right-To-Know, etc.
- Manages the facility budget and keep records of all purchases/payments.
- Manages and trains a staff of employees in the general maintenance of buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Ensures facilities maintenance work follows safety standards, conforms to specifications, and that work orders are tracked and completed within the budgeted guidelines.
- Purchases materials, equipment, or other resources.
- May oversee contractors engaged for facility renovation projects.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in related subject.
- 5 years of management experience in the field.
- 1-3 years supervisory experience.
- Basic computer skills with both word processing and database applications.
- Well organized and have excellent spoken and written communication skills, as well as customer and client management skills.
- Able to develop good working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills.
- Ability to manage a varied and complex workload and also have technical knowledge of building services.
- Ability to efficiently control and manage a budget.
- Ability to make decisions quickly.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines.
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
- Valid qualification in occupational health and safety.
- Skills in science, technology, engineering and math are also recommended.
On the job training: Three to six months
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and/or reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close, distance, and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: (*)
Environment is general office moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles (general office paper dust); toxic or caustic chemicals (toner) and risk of electrical shock.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor