SUMMARY: As a Facilities Security Officer this individual plans, directs, and coordinates activities of the designated classified engineering projects to ensure that both the employees are properly cleared with the US Government and also the handling of classified items such as documents, drawings, specifications, videos and training.
Manages all aspects of Cleared Facilities activity for compliance with the US Government security regulations. Establishes and maintains policies and procedures for an expanded security capability. Educates engineering staff on all the aspects of compliance with the Government security requirements.
- Effectively supports a team in a matrix organization.
- Assists in obtaining employee security clearances.
- Process personnel security clearances and initiate investigations for employees and candidates for clearance and validating their need to know.
- Provide and document evidence of briefing, re-briefing, de-briefing of employees holding clearances, and exit debriefings when employees separate from the Company.
- Leads all aspects of expanding and maintaining a secure facility, including building requirements, alarms, locks, and computing facilities.
- Ensures materials are properly locked up and stored during off work hours daily
- Ensures that all such materials are properly marked and secured in accordance with the NISPOM. Evaluates, determines, and maintains accountability on destruction of DOD and internally generated classified documents.
- Develops and maintains effective interfaces with the US Government security agencies.
- Provides leadership in developing security policies, procedures, and security education.
- Provide training to employees to ensure the classified work including documents is handled properly and ensure they maintain required certifications in compliance with government and customer regulations.
- Effectively presents information and responds to customers, Government agencies, managers, and employees.
- Coordinates security aspects of engineering activities within the department, with other departments and with Prime Contractor’s security officers. Including documents, drawings and specifications.
- Ensure compliance with National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and all security protocols required by customers or contracts, and keep abreast of ever changing industrial security regulations.
- Coordinate classified visit requests.
- Responsible for successful preparation for and completion of self-inspections to ensure government compliance.
- Assists with Communication Security (COMSEC) duties and responsibilities (to include inventory, distribution and destruction)
- Briefs senior management on the status of the Facility Security Program
- Ensures department procedures are followed
- Must have an active Security US Government Security Clearance
- Experience as an FSO for a Cleared Facility
- Considerable knowledge of Department of Defense (DOD) and Company security policies, programs, and requirements.
- Must be able to multi-tasks, using strong analytical ability with attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- U.S. citizenship required
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from four year college or equivalent experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The environment is general office moderate. The employee may occasionally be exposed to loud office noise.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
COMPENSATON: Competitive salary based on experience.
Airborne Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V