This production position completes all, or any combination of, manufacturing functions of parachute systems and/or related parts, except skilled machine sewing, in a reasonable period of time and in accordance with company quality standards. This position generally requires a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail as well as moderate to heavy lifting. All operations performed must be in accordance with company specifications and quality standards.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Measure, mark and cut any materials, webbings, tapes, etc.
- Operate any required cutting tools, including, hot knives, automatic tape cutting machine, automatic press etc.
- Cut foam, stiffeners, or other parts not suitable for laser cutter or stack cutting.
- Read work orders and pattern numbers to ensure that correct pieces are cut and minimal material is used.
- Install grommets and snaps in all required products and parts with automatic or hand setting tools. These items include, but are not limited to, pack and harness, deployment bags, drogues, sliders as well as partially completed work-in-process parachutes.
- Stamp product identification panels and finished goods.
- Prepare ripcord housings and install end fittings.
- Install wires and solder plugs in parachute canopies and harness/containers.
- Hand tack any required parts in accordance with specifications and standard practice.
- Perform any required record keeping, including time sheets, traceability forms, etc.
- Assist as needed in the training of new employees.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
Must be US citizen or Permanent Resident (Export Control requirement)
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
Ability to accurately use basic measuring tools.
Capable of reading and interpreting necessary drawings and specification sheets in English, including assembly drawings and measurements.
Must be able to follow detailed instructions.
On the job training: Up to six (6) months, including progressing at an acceptable and measurable skill level rate.
WORK ENVIRONMENT *
The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals, such as paint thinners, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to sharp and hot glue guns and wands with a risk of heat burns. The noise level is usually loud.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS *
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor