This position serves as administrator for several critical Human Resources functions and workforce management, including recruiting, employee relations, benefits, leave and attendance tracking, termination, and employee records management. Provides internal support and partnership to business lines to deliver required human resources.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Acts as primary employee recruitment specialist responsible for areas including online searches, staffing agency interface, and initial applicant interviews.
- Ensures that human resource policies and practices meet Federal and State law.
- Conducts onboarding including background checks, I-9 processing, and E-verify.
- Participates in disciplinary meetings and investigations. Conducts termination/exit interviews.
- Performs all daily employee benefit administration including employee and provider communication.
- Administers all employee leave of absence including tracking, documentation, and employee communication.
- Conducts HR review of payroll prior to processing and troubleshoots issues with the Payroll Administrator.
- Manages day-to-day maintenance of employee information in the Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and provides reports as needed to the HR Director and management.
- Coordinates and maintains employment, attendance, and other records.
- Maintains employee training tracker and acts as primary admin for SAI Global.
- Handles Unemployment Insurance (UI), State Disability Insurance (SDI) and Paid Family Leave (PFL) claims.
- Plans and coordinates special functions.
- Assists the Director of HR with periodic reports and assignments.
- Completes all government reports such as EEO-1, Vet’s 100, Cal/OSHA 300.
- Completes annual AAP program compilation.
- Administers and coordinates all employee injury matters including workers’ compensation claims.
- Consults with the Director of HR regarding employee injury matters including workers’ compensation claims.
- Coordinates employee and supervisory training.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Administration with an emphasis in Human Resources.
- 2-5 years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Bilingual in Vietnamese preferred.
- HRCI or SHRM certification(s) desirable.
- Strong computer skills required including experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio.
- Skilled in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter and able to operate effectively as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and organize and prioritize assignments.
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Personal leadership and organizational skills.
- Maintain confidential and proprietary information.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, and kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Vision requirements include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: (*)
This position will require a working environment mix comprised of office, shop floor, field and customer locations (both domestic and international). While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to static electricity; explosives in test conditions; fumes; airborne particles; outside weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is normally moderate may be occasionally high.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.