The IT Support Technician supports onsite and remote users and equipment by serving as a first point of contact for resolving IT related problems for approximately 80 onsite and additional remote users. Good troubleshooting and diagnostic skills required to quickly resolve problems as they arise.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Respond to support requests by phone, email, and in person
2. Computer/OS support (Windows 7/10)
3. Application support (MS Office, Acrobat, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Syspro)
4. Network connectivity troubleshooting
5. Printer troubleshooting and issue resolution
6. Password resets
7. User account creation/changes and associated documentation
8. Malware/virus resolution
9. Image computers/Install applications
10. Report generation (security/access/ERP)
11. Mobile device support and deployment (iPhone, Android)
12. Track and document equipment inventory and infrastructure
13. Other typical helpdesk and support tasks
14. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
15. Additional duties may include minor systems administration tasks, equipment procurement, backup, and other related tasks as required.
16. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
17. Follows company rules and procedures.
• Associate’s degree in a related area preferred.
• One year or more in a helpdesk or other technical support role
• Effective communication skills
o Tailor communication to both technical and non-technical users
o Clear and concise writing
• Computer troubleshooting and application/user support
• Active Directory, Windows Server 2012/2016, SCCM, SharePoint, Syspro/ERP experience a plus
Work Environment: (*)
The work environment for this job is in a general office setting. The noise level is normally quiet to moderate due to some office equipment and office traffic.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and/or reach. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally life and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor