Responsible to assist our Materials Team Leader, Operations/Shipping Expeditor and the Logistics/Exports Manager within our Shipping Departments. Perform various functions, which cut across incoming and outgoing shipment processing. In addition, works with shipping vendors, coordinates returns of merchandise and manages shipping files.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for processing/maintaining:
- daily truck transfers coordination;
- inbound/outbound shipping reports;
- daily job receipts (maintaining allocations for jobs to sales orders); and
- shipping supply inventory/stock.
- Assist with:
- prepping, packing and preparing shipments for transport for outbound domestic and international shipments, via FedEx, UPS, DHL and or Freight carriers including the processing of shipping documents (Bill of Lading, packing lists and labels);
- making shipping arrangements with US Government transportation offices (currently DCMA Harford, CT) for the transportation of military shipments;
- entering data into WAWF (US Government Wide Area Workflow) as required by contract; and
- preparing government required RFID and Unit ID labels as required by contact, and communicate with third party vendors.
- Performs data entry when required.
- Performs required record/document keeping.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
- High School Diploma, some college preferred.
- 1 to 3 years shipping experience.
- Knowledge of shipping processes and metrics.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt well to different environments.
- Detail oriented.
- Work well in a team environment while at the same time possess the skill to work independently as needed.
- Good time management, organizational and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Proficient in Microsoft office and any other computer skills.
- Capacity to perform duties diligently, particularly during stressful periods.
- Strong communication, memorization, and teamwork skills.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee be regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and/or reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move greater than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close, distance, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: (*)
The work environment for this job is in a general office setting. The noise level is normally quiet to moderate due to some office equipment and office traffic. Occasionally, when in the plant, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; caustic or toxic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor