Plans, designs, develops, and installs components of engineering and oxygen projects to improve or implement new production processes. Reviews existing processes and develops solutions to increase productivity or reduce costs. Ensures compliance with approved production methods and quality standards. Creates Bill of Materials, work instructions, inspection procedures, etc. for new products to enable and support manufacturing and assembly.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements and related specifications.
- Creates Bill of Materials, work instructions, inspection procedures, etc.
- Develop blueprints, drawings, technical graphs, concept reports, as well as other documents to support certification and manufacturing of the new products.
- Work with Procurement and Quality Teams as needed to develop and meet all safety and quality requirements.
- Evaluate and authorize process design changes, specification and drawing releases, and coordinate such activities with customer technical teams.
- Evaluate and write Corrective Action Reports, and follow through on implementation of rework and process changes.
- Work closely with Engineering, Production Supervisors, and Suppliers, etc. to drive continuous improvements to existing product lines in a manufacturing environment. This will include:
- Promote Lean philosophy of continuous improvement and waste reduction.
- Work with teams to provide tools to improve processes and to meet manufacturing objectives.
- Implement systems for efficiency and quality improvement.
- Aid in the work station layout, design, development and implementation.
- Lead process mapping and Kaizen events.
- Create and maintain standard work process documentation, and visual work instructions.
- Track and publish savings and progress of Lean Initiatives.
- Design tool/fixture equipment requirements, specifications and budgets.
- Establish equipment requirements, specifications and budgets.
- Support day to day operations.
- Work with all teams and departments in a manner that supports the production plan and the Customer’s delivery requirements. Identify barriers to successful production, and help drive the push toward resolution and elimination of those barriers.
- Help develop and maintain applicable product measures such as on time delivery, inventory, lead times, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
To achieve the mission for this position, the Manufacturing Engineer must produce the following critical actions and results:
- Production Operations: Implement processes and controls to ensure all products are delivered on time, within budget, and meet the quality requirements of the customer.
- Strategic Plan: Assist in development of an annual strategic plan that describes manufacturing performance and savings objectives. Establish capital equipment and facility requirements needed to meet the production needs and identify new manufacturing methods that will improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in manufacturing preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry developments, trends and experiences related to manufacturing of products or product components.
- Knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques for designing, building and managing the manufacture of new products.
- Knowledge of Solidworks and AutoCAD, or equivalent is desirable.
- Knowledge of the methodology and associated phases, activities and deliverables for the design of new products and the enhancement of existing products; ability to apply the methodology in diverse scenarios.
- Knowledge and associated ability to apply technical, scientific and mathematical knowledge to design and implement materials, structures, machines, devices, systems and processes that safely realize a desired objective or invention.
- Knowledge of technologies and applications used in manufacturing products and in the optimization of manufacturing processes.
- Prior experience working with MRP systems is desirable.
- Must be able to demonstrate proven experience in the successful application of Lean techniques.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to multi task.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skill, able to communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
Physical Demands: (*)
- The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and/or reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close, distance, peripheral visions, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: (*)
- Environment is a moderate office and normally quiet. Occasionally, when in the plant, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; caustic or toxic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
*Note: both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor