Plan, coordinate and execute a comprehensive and diversified marketing communications program to include development and implementation of various promotional activities for Airborne Systems North America, in line with the business strategy and objectives. As an essential member of the Sales Team, the Marketing and Event Specialist will work closely and in partnership with the Marketing and Sales Managers, to create a unified global marketing function.
Manages the marketing communications department budget and delivers all marketing activities within the approved budget. Also assists in compilation and evaluation of customer research, market conditions and competitor data.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce and maintain all marketing communications literature (brochures, data sheets, overview presentations) to support sales and promotional activities.
- Upgrade/maintain company website and intranet.
- Manage and maintain all social media accounts for the company: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Plan/manage tradeshow logistics.
- Work with the Airborne Systems team and provide product launch, communication strategies and materials for all new products.
- Manage and work closely with graphic designer.
- Understand the strategic sales plan of the Sales Team and support sales effort through communication plan to our target audience.
- Consult with Sales Team and customers to determine objectives and requirements for events, such as meetings, conferences and shows.
- Work with Sales Team to plan/execute Airborne Days and other major customer demonstrations.
- Manage all media relations including writing press releases.
- Ensure that all necessary marketing material and sales tools are up-to-date, readily available and easily accessible on the company intranet.
- Manage the marketing budget and prepare and submit progress reports, monthly activity reports, and business plans, as required in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Liaise with vendors to produce marketing and promotional materials.
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
- Arrange the availability of audio-visual equipment, transportation, displays, and other event needs.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follow company rules and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Marketing-related discipline.
- Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position in accordance with acceptable standards.
- Three to five years of experience performing similar marketing duties to this position within a fast paced, leading edge business. Experience including marketing parachute/parachute accessories for a firm with a parachute-related focus preferred.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information fully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; and, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Demonstrated experience working with outside PR agencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to effectively interact with a diverse group of business contacts and company personnel. Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; accepts responsibility for own actions; and, follows through on commitments on or ahead of schedule.
- Understands the importance and value of market knowledge and proper evaluation of this knowledge to position our key products and meet the goals of the Sales Team.
- Creativity that can be applied to marketing literature, web site design, effective show display set-up, etc. (Photoshop and InDesign experience a plus)
- Must be exceptional working alone most of the time and delegating tasks when needed (either internally or externally), as well as work with a team.
- Good computer and audiovisual equipment skills relative to this position.
- Experience in managing company web sites and/or company Intranets.
- Experience in organizing and managing participation at trade shows.
- Must be able to travel 25% of the time.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to work PC keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus and ability to distinguish colors.
Work Environment: (*)
The environment is general office moderate. The employee may occasionally be exposed to chemicals (printer/copier toner) and minor risk of electrical shock.
- *Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor