Develops material requirements and master production schedules per sales demand. Maintains accurate MRP requirements by assuring item master data and bills of material are correct. Develops strategies/planning policies to ensure smooth and timely material flow through the supply chain. Coordinates/prioritizes activities for different functional groups involved in the manufacturing process. Ensures and statuses on time delivery of sales orders to customers. Coordinates with all functional and services groups to meet customer requirements.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes customer independent demand and develops master production schedules accordingly.
- Synchronizes supply plans per demand to ensure smooth flow of material while maintaining optimum inventory levels.
- Collaborates with cross functional groups, such as Purchasing, Production, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality to expedite orders or resolve issues that might potentially impact on-time delivery.
- Plans and coordinates material transfers to support after-market spares and R&O sales, plans/manages inter-company material transfers to meet production and sales needs.
- Establishes bill of material effectivities and implements engineering changes for parts in production, ensuring smooth phase-in plans without interrupting material supplies.
- Participates/Leads production meetings with other functional groups within Operations to discuss weekly/daily schedules, material shortages and priorities for manufacturing.
- Generates reports to provide order status, track performance or convey issues.
- Investigates and analyzes root causes of issues indicated by below goal key performance indicators, develops and follows through with corrective actions pertaining to planning function.
- Interfaces with sales/Customer Service Representatives (CSRâ€™s) to quote lead times, provide status, and assist in accelerating orders and resolving problems for customers.
- Directs Product Line Coordinators to prioritize manufacturing orders and expedite critical parts on the shop floor.
- Closely interacts with Purchasing to coordinate expedites of critical parts.
- Manages multiple tasks and delivers same on a timely basis.
- Leads other personnel in cross-functional process improvement teams for specified tasks assigned by management
- Thorough knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, stockroom operations and shipping/receiving
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
- Knowledge of AS9100 or ISO9001:2008
- 7 to 10 years of experience
- Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams
- Ability to operate PC with knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software packages
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic, fast paced environment. Flexibility and adaptability are key
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong oral, written communication and analytical skills
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
Preferred Skills: APICS certification, Six Sigma certification, or similar certifications
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and/or reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close, distance, and color vision and the ability to adjust focus
Work Environment: (*)
Environment is general office moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles (general office paper dust); toxic or caustic chemicals (toner) and risk of electrical shock.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Airborne Systems is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor