This position primarily includes working with AutoCAD and SoildWorks in order to create manufacturing drawings for parachutist’s high altitude breathing oxygen equipment and parts as well as updating existing drawings in AutoCAD and SolidWorks through verbal communication and/or mark-ups. The position also includes supporting the oxygen systems research and development team for lab prototype testing.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using AutoCAD, SolidWorks and other software
- Create computer aided designed drawings from verbal direction, sketches, and/or samples
- Work with R&D and Production Engineering to adjust designs as necessary
- Organize and track all work for timely and efficient recall
- Follow document control procedures as required
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned
- Follows company rules and procedures
Associates Degree or higher
- Must have a minimum of two years’ experience with AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical drafting practices and conventions.
- Working knowledge military/technical standards, preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and develop a working knowledge of the manufacture of parachutes and related component parts.
On the job training.
Work Environment: (*)
Environment is generally office moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles (general office paper dust); toxic or caustic chemicals (toner) and risk of electrical shock.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. without assistance, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor