JOB SUMMARY: The position will plan, design, analyze, qualify, manufacture, test, develop, and integrate components of engineering projects to improve production processes. Reviews existing processes and develops solutions to increase productivity or reduce costs. Ensures compliance with approved production methods and quality standards.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements and related specifications.
- Work with Procurement and Quality Teams as needed to develop and meet all safety and quality requirements.
- Evaluate and authorize process design changes, specification and drawing releases, and coordinate such activities with customer technical teams.
- Evaluate and write Corrective Action Reports, and follow through on implementation of rework and process changes.
- Work closely with Engineering, Production Supervisors, and Suppliers, etc. to drive continuous improvements to existing product lines in a manufacturing environment. This will include:
- Promote Lean philosophy and techniques to all levels of plant personnel.
- Work with teams to provide lean tools to meet manufacturing objectives.
- Implement systems for efficiency and quality improvement.
- Aid in the work cell layout, design, development and implementation of cell-based manufacturing.
- Lead process mapping and Kaizen events for product lines.
- Create and maintain standard work process documentation, and visual work instructions.
- Track and publish savings and progress of Lean Initiatives.
- Design tool/fixture equipment requirements, specifications and budgets.
- Establish equipment requirements, specifications and budgets.
- Support day to day operations.
- Work with all teams and departments in a manner that supports the production plan and the Customer’s delivery requirements. Identify barriers to successful production, and help drive the push toward resolution and elimination of those barriers.
- Help develop and maintain applicable product measures such as on time delivery, inventory, lead times, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
- Implement processes and controls to ensure all products are delivered on time, within budget, and meet the quality requirements of the customer.
- Assist in development of an annual strategic plan that describes manufacturing performance objectives for the next five years. Establish capital equipment and facility requirements needed to meet the production needs and identify new manufacturing methods that will improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry developments, trends and experiences related to manufacturing of products or product components.
- Knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques for designing, building and managing the manufacture of new products.
- Knowledge of the methodology and associated phases, activities and deliverables for the design of new products and the enhancement of existing products; ability to apply the methodology in diverse scenarios.
- Knowledge of the methodology and associated phases, activities and deliverables for manufacturing new or enhancing existing products.
- Knowledge and associated ability to apply technical, scientific and mathematical knowledge to design and implement materials, structures, machines, devices, systems and processes that safely realize a desired objective or invention.
- Knowledge of technologies and applications used in manufacturing products and in the optimization of manufacturing processes.
- Prior experience working with MRP systems is desirable.
- Must be able to demonstrate proven experience in the successful application of Lean techniques.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to multi task.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skill, able to communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
BS in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
3 to 5 years’ experience in manufacturing, preferably sewing construction experience.
Desired experience with aerospace and defense contractor
ITAR Requirements: To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and/or reach. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: (*)
The work environment for this job is in a general office setting. The noise level is normally quiet to moderate due to some office equipment and office traffic.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Airborne Systems is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.