This position is responsible for the general supervision of a department engaged in the production of parachute systems and related parts, which includes both manufacturing and personnel issues.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the manufacturing of all appropriate and related parts, which includes supplying and interpreting manufacturing drawings and specifications.
- Assigns work, reallocating resources when necessary to achieve production requirements.
- Ensures departmental compliance with current ISO quality system requirements.
- Ensures departmental compliance with Berry amendment as well as any other contractual requirements for manufactured goods.
- Advises management of departmental manufacturing capabilities.
- Maintains a training program to ensure all employees comply with the required training activities and documents the training events.
- Completes internal written reports and documents related to the manufacturing process and department personnel.
- Interacts with other departments as required to ensure efficient work flow.
- Interviews prospective employees, recommends subordinate hiring, firing, and transfers.
- Performs employee evaluations and tracks individual performances including productivity and errors.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
Must be US citizen or Permanent Resident (Export Control requirement)
- High School graduate or equivalent plus supervisory training courses or seminars.
- Minimum five year’s supervisory experience.
- Preferred knowledge and background in an industrial sewing environment.
- Parachute industry manufacturing background desirable.
- Well organized and able to adapt to a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Computer skills sufficient to communicate with others and retrieve information.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings in English to the extent required to manufacture parachute systems and related parts.
- Strong leadership and self-motivational skills. Ability to work with a diverse workforce.
- Good verbal communication skills are required in order to accurately convey manufacturing and quality standards to subordinates as well as to interact with peers and management.
Extensive on the job training in company standards and procedures.
Work Environment: (*)
The work environment for this job is a manufacturing shop floor, which is heated and air conditioned. The noise level is usually moderate due to sewing machines and traffic. This position requires frequent walking as well as sitting at a desk or sewing machine. Additionally, the position may require lifting and/or pulling moderate to heavy items.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close, distance, and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor