The Purchasing Assistant is responsible for the procurement functions of the company while ensuring that all goods and materials purchased meet the required specifications.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Places orders for product and raw materials used for manufacturing and sales.
- Performs non-inventory (goods and services) requisition and ordering processes.
- Prepares and sends requests for price quotations to vendors.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Researches and selects vendors for goods and services not controlled by the ISO document (e.g. office supplies, etc.).
- Review requisition orders to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Prepares assorted documents as needed, including but not limited to, debit memorandums and packing lists for return goods.
- Maintains files of all purchase order copies, as well as other items when required.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Performs data entry into the ERP system as required.
- Distributes shipping and receiving reports each day.
- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems. Provides necessary feedback to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinate shipping activities with external parties.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of overall manufacturing industry experience with focus on purchasing.
- Knowledge of clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Well organized and able to adapt to a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Computer data entry skills.
- Good interpersonal skills in dealing with outside vendors.
- Professional and friendly phone etiquette skills.
- Cooperative, team oriented human relations skills to deal effectively with other personnel and other departments.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand.
- Ability to communicate with vendors in a clear, detailed and tactful manner.
On-the-job training: Up to three months including Syspro ERP system training
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and/or reach. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: (*)
The work environment for this job is in a general office setting. The noise level is normally quiet to moderate due to some office equipment and office traffic.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor