QUALITY INSPECTOR (sewn product manufacturing)
This position completes all or any combination of, inspection and/or testing tasks required to ensure that manufactured items meet established quality standards. These duties generally require a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail as well as moderate to some lifting.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Inspects and measures materials, products, and work for conformance to established quality standards.
2. Uses standard measuring tools, including, but not limited to, rulers, and force gauges.
3. Interprets blueprints, data, and other materials to determine product requirement and measuring instruments required (preferred)
4. Records inspection data and quantities inspected on required inspection reports.
5. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
6. Follows company rules and procedures.
1 to 2 years quality inspection experience in manufacturing preferred.
Able to perform basic computations (add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals).
Capable of accurately using standard measuring tools.
Detail oriented and able to maintain high accuracy standards.
Must be US citizen or Permanent Resident (Export Control requirement)
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
• To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen/U.S. Person.
Physical Demands: (*)
• The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear.
• The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and/or reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities include close, distance, and color vision and the ability to adjust focus*
Airborne Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, ethnic group identification, marital/parental status, physical/mental disability, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender/gender identity or expression or genetic information; the perception of one or more of such characteristics; or association with a person/group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
Airborne Systems is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Airborne Systems is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor