***$1000 Signing Bonus Available***
This position completes all or any combination of, inspection and/or testing tasks required to ensure that materials and purchased items used in the production of parachute systems conform to company and industry quality standards as well as to contract specifications when required. These duties generally require a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail as well as moderate to heavy lifting.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Inspects and measures raw materials and purchased goods for conformance to specifications and quality standards prior to acceptance for use.
- Accurately uses all standard measuring tools, including, but not limited to, rulers, calipers, and force gauges.
- Interprets blueprints, data, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, and measuring instruments required.
- Records inspection data and quantities inspected on required inspection reports.
- Properly labels all accepted goods, in conformance with established procedures.
- Collects and files inspection and test records in accordance with established record maintenance procedures.
- Discusses inspection results with supervisor and recommends necessary corrective actions.
- Completes all required record keeping.
- Understand part numbers and revision levels.
- Assist with the training of new inspectors as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent experience. 2 years technical school preferred.
- 0-2 years of experience in the quality field.
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Functionally literate including able to read and write English documents.
- Able to perform basic computations (add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals).
- Capable of accurately using standard measuring tools.
- Capable reading and interpreting drawings and specification sheets.
- Detail oriented and able to maintain high accuracy standards.
On the job training: Three to eighteen months
Periodic travel may be required to support project functions such as supplier visits, product testing, and technical customer meetings.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, and kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Vision requirements include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: (*)
This position will require a working environment mix comprised of office, shop floor, field and customer locations (both domestic and international). While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to static electricity; explosives in test conditions; fumes; airborne particles; outside weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is normally moderate may be occasionally high.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.