At Airborne Systems, we engineer and manufacture high-quality, high-performance parachutes and related products for the military and for search and rescue. For over a century, we have set the standard for capability, quality and performance with our world-class engineering, manufacturing, training and service.
Airborne Systems is a global company, which brings to the market and its customers a history and legacy that embraces four of the world’s leading parachute companies. No other parachute company has the resources of Airborne Systems.
Come be a part of this successful, respected, and growing team!! We especially welcome Transitioning Military Personnel to explore the opportunities available at Airborne Systems.
JOB SUMMARY: Under direction of the Purchasing Planning Manager and Supply Chain Manager, assists the procurement team in performing purchasing duties for a variety of commodities, such as raw materials, MRO, parts, and services in support of manufacturing operations, engineering and administration groups.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Create and maintain purchase orders from requisitions from various respective departments and confers with departmental officials regarding items to be purchased.
- Participates in the selection of competitive sources of supply to support operations objectives in accordance with organizational policies and procedures, this may require site visits to suppliers.
- Gather pricing data for negotiation including delivery, quality requirements, and terms and conditions for procurement of components or services.
- Manage a portfolio of strategic supplier projects including second source, cost down,
- Lead and assist in supplier negotiations for cost, delivery, etc.
- Assures adequate sources of supply to support the master production schedule.
- Evaluates supplier quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
- Audit and maintain data within the purchasing database.
- Interface with engineering and manufacturing projects and appropriate support personnel to facilitate coordination and support of products required.
- Knowledge of ISO/AS 9100 processes and procedures as dictated per standard.
- Participates in the establishment of program purchasing priorities and resolution of procurement issues/concerns.
- Receives and reviews requisitions; invites quotations and examines bids, makes recommendation as to awarding of bid.
- As required, will be Involved in supplier interviews; investigates sources of supply; maintains and uses a variety of catalogs, specifications, to compare and analyzes specifications and quotations; follows up purchases to ensure receipt of proper quality and quantity on specified dates.
- Investigates complaints; learns the principles of professional buying and purchasing techniques.
- Ensures department procedures are followed.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
- Must be US citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals to perform a variety of tasks;
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form;
- Maintain cooperative relations with suppliers and other working departments in the course of work.
- Ability to organize and expedite materials;
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
- General knowledge of aeronautical and mechanical engineering design principles, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to interface effectively at all levels, between various functional departments.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- High school diploma or GED. Two years of college education is desired.
- Proficient understanding of materials and services procurement.
- Experience with an ERP system is preferred.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, and kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Vision requirements include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: (*)
This position will require a working environment mix comprised of office, shop floor, field and customer locations (both domestic and international). While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to static electricity; explosives in test conditions; fumes; airborne particles; outside weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is normally moderate may be occasionally high.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27.00 – $33.00 per hour