The buyer is responsible for the procurement functions of the company while ensuring that all goods and materials purchased meet the required specifications.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Buying Functions:
- Negotiates pricing and delivery from suppliers and vendors.
- Places orders for product and raw materials to be used for manufacturing and sales.
- Prepares and sends requests for price quotations to suppliers and vendors.
- Performs non-inventory (goods and services) requisition and ordering processes.
- Researches and selects vendors for goods and services not controlled by the ISO document (E.g. office supplies, etc.).
- Expedites delinquent deliveries and provides necessary feedback to affected departments.
- Prepares and distributes purchase orders, debit memos, packing lists for returned goods, and other documents as required.
- Coordinates with the logistics manager to obtain direction pertaining to modes of shipment for purchased products.
- Administrative Functions:
- Maintains purchase order files.
- Monitors the office supply closet to ensure adequate supplies are maintained to support daily operations.
- Performs data entry functions as required (E.g. daily receiving, purchase order entry, etc.).
- Distributes daily reports.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
- Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree in a related area preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of overall manufacturing industry experience with focus on purchasing.
- Knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the functions responsible for procurement of materials, components, equipment and services.
- Knowledge of practices and procedures for procurement of materials, components, equipment and services.
- Knowledge of methods, tools and documentation of evaluating, selecting and certifying suppliers and partners.
- Knowledge of tools, processes and practices for purchasing goods and services via electronic links to suppliers and partners.
- Knowledge of clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Well organized and able to adapt to a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Computer data entry skills.
- Good interpersonal skills in dealing with outside vendors.
- Cooperative, team oriented human relations skills to deal effectively with other personnel and other departments.
- Professional and friendly phone etiquette skills.
On-the-job training: Six to twelve months including Syspro ERP system training
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and/or reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move greater than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close, distance, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: (*)
Environment is a moderate office and normally quiet. Occasionally, when in the plant, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; caustic or toxic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor