Coordinates, plans and schedules program/project activities. Has the responsibility for the preparation, implementation and maintenance of the scheduling system; is responsible for advising and coordinating with Program Managers, Control Account Managers, Department Managers, and Executive Management for the proper and adequate use of MS Project as required by company and Government contracts.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
– Provides technical and functional direction to company programs to facilitate proper preparation and implementation of scheduling activities that comply with company and contract objectives and requirements.
– Works with the Program Manager to organize, plan and schedule program/project activities.
– Functions as the primary architect of the scheduling system that supports contract requirements and company needs.
– Analyzes and evaluates proposals, schedules and cost estimates to ensure viability
– Participates in development of company/division/program proposals to ensure adequate compliance, i.e., WBS, organization, planning, etc.
– Participates in preparation of contracts with legal and other departments.
– Coordinates evaluation of proposals from contractors.
– Assesses change order and change order costs and schedules.
Skills & Knowledge:
Self-motivated with strong communication, and technical documentation skills
Detailed and extensive knowledge of aeronautical, mechanical design principles, practices and procedures, preferably with experience of parachute technological design and related components and systems
Familiarity with aerodynamic decelerators
Familiarity with fabric system design analysis
Extensive knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required
Good working knowledge of AutoCad and 3-D SolidWorks
Experience using LS-DYNA, Hypermesh, Optistruct, and other solid modeling and design tools is desired
Proficiency in scientific or engineering scripting languages
Familiarity with trajectory analyses tools, and post-test analysis of data
Proficient using project management and planning tools, such as MS Project.
Familiarity with aerospace equipment design standards including inter alia, stress, GD&T, and drawing standards.
Five to ten years experience using MS Project including resource loaded schedules, WBS, critical paths, etc.
Five to ten years of earned value management systems experience in more than one area of the criteria application (EVMSC), i.e., organization of work, planning and budgeting work, accounting for costs, analyzing problems, revising work, etc.
Experience in and/or complete familiarity with management systems, i.e., manufacturing management, production control, procurement/sub-contracting, quality control/assurance, engineering, information systems and financial systems.
Knowledge of basic training/presentation techniques.
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or business discipline or 5+ years of professional work in the aerospace industry.
3+ years of professional experience as an integrated master scheduler in a technical organization.
Experience with government rated contract requirements and direct interfacing with customers a MUST.
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to fifteen. Specific vision abilities include close, distance and color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: (*)
Environment is general office moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles (general office paper dust); toxic or caustic chemicals (toner).
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Airborne Systems North America CA is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Airborne Systems North America CA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time