Assist Oxygen team members in ongoing development and manufacturing projects as needed.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform development tests, including design of experiments, construction of test support equipment, and documentation of test results
- Documentation of engineering designs to include drawings, reports, and manuals.
- Construct rapid prototypes of designs, to include fabrication and design iteration
- Design, fabrication, testing and assembly of O2 production support equipment
- Designing and prototyping fixtures for production and inspection to ensure quality and productivity
- Assist with implementation of modern software for recording testing data
- Creating and updating drawings and inspection procedures
- Assist with design changes on new and existing products
- Research and develop alternate sources of product to limit supply chain issues
- Learning manufacturing business approach and metrics
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned
- Follows company rules and procedures
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some college experience required
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical drafting practices and conventions.
- Working knowledge military/technical standards, preferred.
- Must be able to work minimal guidance.
Periodic travel may be required to support project functions such as supplier visits, product testing, and technical customer meetings.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, and kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Vision requirements include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: (*)
This position will require a working environment mix comprised of office, shop floor, field and customer locations (both domestic and international). While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to static electricity; explosives in test conditions; fumes; airborne particles; outside weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is normally moderate may be occasionally high.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor