At Airborne Systems, we engineer and manufacture high-quality, high-performance parachutes and related products for the military and for search and rescue. For over a century, we have set the standard for capability, quality and performance with our world-class engineering, manufacturing, training and service.
Airborne Systems is a global company, which brings to the market and its customers a history and legacy that embraces four of the world’s leading parachute companies. No other parachute company has the resources of Airborne Systems.
Come be a part of this successful, respected, and growing team!! We especially welcome Transitioning Military Personnel to explore the opportunities available at Airborne Systems.
The Planner reviews and releases items to be manufactured and their quantities based on sales order demand, and internal work order demands. Planners analyze material requirements planning, capacity planning, and production activity control in the manufacturing process, as well as find solutions for internal material concerns like quality checking and transfer issues. In addition, they make sure that the products at the end of the manufacturing phase pass their quality standards.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Project Engineering, Manufacturing Management, and Inventory Control to support development activities, new product launch, manufacturing and monitor complex programs.
- Executes tasks related to paperwork and quality requirements to align with purchase order quality clauses.
- Assure accuracy of bill of material structure, routings, and other required master data.
- Work with Manufacturing and Inventory Control to set up manufacturing lines, replenishment strategies and planning factors to optimize product flow.
- Perform and coordinate through others, production planning activities to assure manufacturing orders start on time, monitor progress, and support where needed.
- Communicate all component shortages and coordinate as necessary with Purchasing, Incoming Inspection, and Manufacturing.
- Perform and coordinate review of bill of materials within the ERP system, allocate materials appropriately, and once material shortages are identified, work with procurement to order materials to support demand.
- Report on the production status and any production issues to upper management.
- Release manufacturing orders, release job travelers and pick list to appropriate departments.
- Support continuous process improvement activities in support of department goals and objectives.
- Ensure that schedule, cost, and technical requirements are met.
- Ensures department procedures are followed.
- Follows all company policies and procedures.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution or equivalent.
- 4+ years of working experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent professional knowledge.
- APICS certification is highly desirable.
- Aerospace experience is preferred.
- Must be US citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Thorough knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic.
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control, purchasing, stockroom operations and shipping/receiving.
- Knowledge of AS9100 or ISO9001:2008.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and take initiative.
- Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
- General knowledge of aeronautical and mechanical engineering design principles, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to interface effectively at all levels, between various functional departments.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, and kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Vision requirements include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: (*)
This position will require a working environment mix comprised of office, shop floor, field and customer locations (both domestic and international). While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to static electricity; explosives in test conditions; fumes; airborne particles; outside weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is normally moderate may be occasionally high.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00 – $42.00 per hour