The position will plan, design, develop, and install components of engineering projects to improve production processes. Reviews existing processes and develops solutions to increase productivity or reduce costs. Ensures compliance with approved production methods and quality standards.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements and related specifications.
- Work with Procurement and Quality Teams as needed to develop and meet all safety and quality requirements.
- Evaluate and authorize process design changes, specification and drawing releases, and coordinate such activities with customer technical teams.
- Evaluate and write Corrective Action Reports, and follow through on implementation of rework and process changes.
- Work closely with Engineering, Production Supervisors, and Suppliers, etc. to drive continuous improvements to existing product lines in a manufacturing environment.
- Design tool/fixture equipment requirements, specifications and budgets.
- Establish equipment requirements, specifications and budgets.
- Support day to day operations.
- Work with all teams and departments in a manner that supports the production plan and the Customer’s delivery requirements. Identify barriers to successful production, and help drive the push toward resolution and elimination of those barriers.
- Help develop and maintain applicable product measures such as on time delivery, inventory, lead times, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
To achieve the mission for this position, the Production Engineer must produce the following critical actions and results:
- Production Operations: Implement processes and controls to ensure all products are delivered on time, within budget, and meet the quality requirements of the customer.
- Strategic Plan: Assist in development of an annual strategic plan that describes manufacturing performance objectives for the next five years. Establish capital equipment and facility requirements needed to meet the production needs and identify new manufacturing methods that will improve manufacturing efficiency.
- BS in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in manufacturing, preferably sewing construction experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry developments, trends and experiences related to manufacturing of products or product components.
- Knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques for designing, building and managing the manufacture of new products.
- Knowledge of the methodology and associated phases, activities and deliverables for the design of new products and the enhancement of existing products; ability to apply the methodology in diverse scenarios.
- Knowledge of the methodology and associated phases, activities and deliverables for manufacturing new or enhancing existing products.
- Knowledge and associated ability to apply technical, scientific and mathematical knowledge to design and implement materials, structures, machines, devices, systems and processes that safely realize a desired objective or invention.
- Knowledge of technologies and applications used in manufacturing products and in the optimization of manufacturing processes.
- Prior experience working with MRP systems is desirable.
- Must be able to demonstrate proven experience in the successful application of Lean techniques.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to multi task.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skill, able to communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: (*)
Environment is generally office moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles (general office paper dust); toxic or caustic chemicals (toner) and risk of electrical shock.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor