Plans, designs, develops, and installs components of engineering projects to improve production processes and achieve the production goals of the organization. Reviews existing processes and develops solutions to increase productivity or reduce costs. Creates and maintains engineering drawings and other manufacturing documents. Ensures compliance with approved production methods and quality standards.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate and evaluate process improvements for time/cost savings, as well as quality improvements.
- Develop and evaluate new drawing releases and revisions.
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements and related specifications.
- Work with Procurement and Quality Teams as needed to develop and meet all safety and quality requirements.
- Evaluate and write Corrective Action Reports, and follow through on implementation of rework and process changes.
- Work closely with Engineering, Production Supervisors, and Suppliers, etc. to drive continuous improvements to existing product lines in a manufacturing environment. This will include:
- Work with teams to provide tools to meet manufacturing objectives.
- Implement systems for efficiency and quality improvement.
- Aid in the layout, design, development and implementation of machines and workflow of the manufacturing floor.
- Analyze product lines to identify areas of potential process improvements.
- Create and maintain standard work process documentation, and visual work instructions.
- Establish equipment requirements, specifications and budgets.
- Support day-to-day operations.
- Coordinate transition of new products into production with R&D department personnel. Work with R&D to design for manufacturability and to maximize the use of existing common manufacturing methods and materials.
- Work with all teams and departments in a manner that supports the production plan and the Customer’s delivery requirements. Identify barriers to successful production, and help drive the push toward resolution and elimination of those barriers.
- Help develop and maintain applicable product measures such as on time delivery, inventory, lead times, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
Must be US Person (Export Control requirement)
- BS in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
- 0 to 3 years’ experience in manufacturing.
- Internship or classroom experience in manufacturing.
- Sewing construction experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry developments, trends and experiences related to manufacturing of products or product components.
- Knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques for designing, building and managing the manufacture of new products.
- Knowledge of the methodology and associated phases, activities and deliverables for the design of new products and the enhancement of existing products; ability to apply the methodology in diverse scenarios.
- Knowledge of the methodology and associated phases, activities and deliverables for manufacturing new or enhancing existing products.
- Knowledge and associated ability to apply technical, scientific and mathematical knowledge to design and implement materials, structures, machines, devices, systems and processes that safely realize a desired objective or invention.
- Knowledge of technologies and applications used in manufacturing products and in the optimization of manufacturing processes.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to multi task.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skill, able to communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
Work Environment: (*) Environment is generally office moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles (general office paper dust); toxic or caustic chemicals (toner) and risk of electrical shock.
Physical Demands: (*) The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor