This position completes all or any combination of, inspection and/or testing tasks required to ensure that manufactured items conform to company and industry quality standards as well as to contract specifications when required. These duties generally require a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail as well as moderate to heavy lifting.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspects and measures materials, products, and work for conformance to specifications and standards throughout the manufacturing cycle.
- Accurately uses all standard measuring tools, including, but not limited to, rulers, calipers, and force gauges.
- Interprets blueprints, data, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, and measuring instruments required.
- Records inspection data and quantities inspected on required inspection reports.
- Collects and files inspection and test records in accordance with established record maintenance procedures.
- Notifies supervisors and other personnel of production quality problems and assists in identifying and correcting these problems
- Discusses inspection results with those responsible for products and recommends necessary corrective actions.
- Completes all required record keeping, including time sheets, traceability forms, etc.
- Understand part numbers and revision levels
- Inspects customer repairs as needed.
- Assist with the training of new inspectors as needed
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
1 to 2 years quality inspection experience in manufacturing.
Functionally literate including able to read and write English documents.
Able to perform basic computations (add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals).
Capable of accurately using standard measuring tools.
Capable reading and interpreting manufacturing drawings and work specification sheets.
Detail oriented and able to maintain high accuracy standards.
Must be US citizen or Permanent Resident (Export Control requirement)
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent