At Airborne Systems, we engineer and manufacture high-quality, high-performance parachutes and related products for the military and for search and rescue. For over a century, we have set the standard for capability, quality and performance with our world-class engineering, manufacturing, training and service.
Airborne Systems is a global company, which brings to the market and its customers a history and legacy that embraces four of the world’s leading parachute companies. No other parachute company has the resources of Airborne Systems.
Come be a part of this successful, respected, and growing team!! We especially welcome Transitioning Military Personnel to explore the opportunities available at Airborne Systems.
Provides general quality system support, performs quality data collection and entry, and generates inspection reports.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the calibration management process.
- Coordinate material submissions as required by contracts.
- Consolidate and report weekly defect data.
- Consolidate and report quality metrics.
- Collect and maintain inspection SPC data.
- Monitor material non-conformance reports (NDFs) and support the MRB disposition process.
- Support the receiving inspection process by assisting with incoming material inspections as required.
- Communicate with suppliers to resolve materials issues.
- Support rigging activities by verifying work instruction as it is performed.
- Generate FAI reports per AS9102 standards.
- Generate other inspection reports as required.
- Approve engineering parts lists issued to jobs.
- Approve stamping and pattern instructions against engineering drawings.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
Education & Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred,
- Minimum of 1 year of quality systems experience in manufacturing environment is desired.
- Must be a self-starter and able to operate effectively as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented and able to maintain high accuracy standards.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong computer skills are required (MS Word, MS Excel).
- Must be able to prioritize work, resolve issues, complete assignments, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform basic computations (add, subtract, divide, and multiply in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals).
- Requires interaction with various levels within the organization.
- Ability to communicate with vendors in a clear, detailed, and tactful manner.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Willingness to work overtime as need requires.
- Reliable attendance.
- Security clearance is preferred but not required.
Periodic travel may be required to support project functions such as supplier visits, product testing, and technical customer meetings.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, and kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Vision requirements include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: (*)
This position will require a working environment mix comprised of office, shop floor, field and customer locations (both domestic and international). While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to static electricity; explosives in test conditions; fumes; airborne particles; outside weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is normally moderate may be occasionally high.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Job Types: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Salary: $23.00 – $29.00/hour