This position performs all or any combination of tasks required to cut any panels or cut parts used in the manufacture of parachute systems. Machinery and tools to be used for such tasks include, but are not limited to: laser cutter, hand driller, electric fabric cutting saw and hot knife.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loads correct pattern data, quantities, and any other necessary information into laser cutting computer or lays fabric onto cutting table.
- Loads fabric onto laser cutter, ensuring proper orientation
- Monitors laser cutter during operation to ensure panels are cut and marked as required.
- Prepare patterns for stack cut materials, lay and cut fabric used for parachute manufacturing and other component parts.
- Trace hard patterns, scissor cut or hot cut parts as required.
- Verify cut panels conform to established quality standards.
- Assemble cut panels into sets as required.
- Complete all required paperwork and record keeping, as required.
- Orders materials and supplies as required from stock.
- Ensures that departmental documentation is properly prepared and completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures work area is clean and equipment is properly maintained.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
- Must be US citizen or Permanent Resident (Export Control requirement)
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent. Functionally literate.
- Cutting experience preferred but not required.
- Capable of using standard measuring tools.
- Basic knowledge of computer operation.
- Detail oriented and able to maintain high accuracy standards.
- Must be able to communicate, read and write in English.
- Ability to comprehend, carry out written drawing instructions in English.
Training Requirements: The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals, such as paint thinners, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to sharp and hot glue guns and wands with a risk of heat burns. The noise level is usually loud.
Physical Demands: (*)
- The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: (*)
- On the job training: Up to six (6) months, including progressing at an acceptable and measurable skill level rate.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor