The Training Manager will coordinate all Personnel, GPADS, O2 and support equipment training activities to plan and develop training programs for our customer base. The scope of products will be focused on, but not limited to, Airborne Systems proprietary products. Training programs will emphasize safe and effective use of Airborne Systems products. Maintain and grow a certified Training facility that will properly represent Airborne Systems and work with Senior Management Team to expand facility to meet training growth requirements. Ongoing tasks include analyzing customer needs to develop new Training products or modify and improve existing products, assist in the preparation of proposals, track profitability of training courses, and gain an understanding of market pricing and customer price sensitivity to training.
Additional tasks include, developing and organizing training materials, multimedia visual aids and other educational materials. Preparing courses for both students and instructors. Supporting Sales and Marketing in providing product demonstrations. Supporting R&D as required and work with various departments to gain full product knowledge.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and maintain certified training facility for US and International customers.
- The Training Facility will maintain ISO certification.
- Produce long term strategy and plans to meet emerging Training needs of our customers.
- Manage training delivery and follow-up as necessary.
- Plan functional training budgets, forecast costs and develop estimation of costs for quotation purposes.
- Assess relevant training requirements for individual customers in consultation with Customer Business Managers.
- Organize training venues, logistics, transport, accommodation as required for training conducted in Eloy and with Mobile Training Teams to achieve efficient training attendance and execution.
- Maintain and manage all training products. Manage the inventory of training equipment and have complete inventory of all equipment at all times.
- Arrange for the maintenance of all necessary Training Facility equipment and materials relating to the effective delivery and measurement of the training courses.
- Monitor and report on activities, costs, performance, etc., as required.
- Support the Sales and Marketing team in performing demonstrations of equipment for potential sales purposes.
- Ensure training documents and training equipment are updated to reflect current standard configurations.
- Staff and manage the training organization to support domestic and international training, to include recruiting and mentoring staff and sub-contractors in-line with approved budgets and requirements.
- Assist and/or lead the development of proposals for Training opportunities as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop self, and maintain knowledge in relevant field at all times.
- Must work closely with R&D to ensure product knowledge is always up-to-date.
- Develop and conduct ongoing training needs surveys; researching topics and resources for new or revised training classes.
- Exercise judgment, initiative and technical expertise relating to the development and implementation of training programs
- Directs and evaluates the course participants
- Designs and develops curriculum Program of Instruction, course materials, handbooks, manuals and education/training methods for each course
- Consults with Customer Business Manager and R&D in planning training programs, selecting the most effective training methods and evaluating results of training course.
- Leads in the formulation and recommendation of Airborne Systems training policies and procedures.
- Ensure activities meet with accepted company policies and procedures.
- Works closely with Sales and Marketing to develop customer relationships, solicit new business, execute proposals, and win new business.
Must be US citizen
- Minimum 10 years military experience with associated knowledge of organizing and managing training and services business.
- Knowledge of US Government contract vehicles for training, logistics, goods, and services.
- Must have a demonstrated history of business leadership and management.
- Significant time on jump status and assignment to airborne and/or maintenance organizations.
- Instructor certification.
- Experience in conducting and planning similar training and services programs
- Human relations skills to deal effectively with both internal and external customers either in person or on the phone
- Possess problem solving skills and able to demonstrate strategic imitative
- Willingness to travel extensively or for long periods
- Organize customer visits: Planning, managing, presenting
- Excellent leadership qualities, including the ability to collaborate and work effectively with others in the organization
- Ability to work and travel independently
- Minimum FAA Senior Rigger Certification; preferred FAA Master Rigger Certification
- Good computer and audiovisual equipment skills. Good working knowledge of various Microsoft Office products and publishing software.
- Ability to travel throughout the World without restrictions (required).
- Previous experience with Project Management, business leadership, and P&L experience.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation
Work Environment: (*)
The environment is general office moderate. As the position requires travel outside the facility, the employee may be exposed to weather and other outside travel risks.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee regularly sits, and talks or hears. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger such as with a keyboard, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; infrequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Vision requirements include close, distance and vision and the ability to adjust focus.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).