At Airborne Systems, we engineer and manufacture high-quality, high-performance parachutes and related products for the military and for search and rescue. For over a century, we have set the standard for capability, quality and performance with our world-class engineering, manufacturing, training and service.
Airborne Systems is a global company, which brings to the market and its customers a history and legacy that embraces four of the world’s leading parachute companies. No other parachute company has the resources of Airborne Systems.
Come be a part of this successful, respected, and growing team!! We especially welcome Transitioning Military Personnel to explore the opportunities available at Airborne Systems.
JOB SUMMARY: Conducts analyses on designs of experimental, prototype, or production parachute systems and other fabric or textile based aerodynamic or structural systems and related components.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Lead engineering analysis activities in support of design, development and testing of parachute systems
- Perform trajectory analysis, optimization, and dispersion analysis for parachute recovery flight profiles
- Formulate or develop methods of numerical analysis or simulation to assist in analysis
- Support development and advancement of the company’s modeling and simulation capabilities and techniques
- Day-to-day teamwork, communication, and problem solving in a collaborative environment. Regular interfacing with internal program managers, customers, and vendors.
- Support definition of test instrumentation required to gather data for subsequent analysis, or performance verification
- Support test data reduction and the interpretation of test results
- Capable of solving complex problems with little to no supervision
- Follow general company policies and procedures
- Detailed knowledge of aeronautical, mechanical and/or electrical engineering design principles, practices, and procedures
- Working knowledge of engineering/scientific programming language, e.g. Python, FORTRAN, MATLAB
- Experience with FEA and/or CFD software and other engineering analysis tools including LS‑DYNA, Nastran, Optistruct, HyperWorks
- Experience with CAD software (preferably SOLIDWORKS)
- Ability to interface effectively at all levels, between various functional departments.
- Must be a US Person.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or physics discipline.
- A minimum of five years of related experience.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, and kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Vision requirements include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: (*)
This position will require a working environment mix comprised of office, shop floor, field and customer locations (both domestic and international). While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to static electricity; explosives in test conditions; fumes; airborne particles; outside weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is normally moderate may be occasionally high.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Airborne Systems North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Airborne Systems North America is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Types: Full-time, Exempt
Salary: $128,000.00 – $170,000.00 per year
Recruiters do not contact.