JOB SUMMARY: The position of Industrial Engineer will design, develop, and install components of engineering projects that will result in cost-effective methods of manufacturing superior quality products and fair and equitable manufacturing operating standards.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer requirements and related specifications.
- Work with Procurement and Quality Teams as needed to develop and meet all safety and quality requirements.
- Evaluate and authorize process design changes, specification and drawing releases, and coordinate such activities with customer technical teams.
- Evaluate and write Corrective Action Reports, and follow through on implementation of rework and process changes.
- Work closely with Engineering, Production Supervisors, and Suppliers, etc. to drive continuous improvements to existing product lines in a manufacturing environment. This will include:
- Promote Lean philosophy and techniques to all levels of plant personnel.
- Work with teams to provide lean tools to meet manufacturing objectives.
- Implement systems for efficiency and quality improvement.
- Aid in the work cell layout, design, development and implementation of cell-based manufacturing.
- Lead process mapping and Kaizen events for product lines.
- Create and maintain standard work process documentation, and visual work instructions.
- Track and publish savings and progress of Lean Initiatives.
- Design tool/fixture equipment requirements, specifications and budgets.
- Establish equipment requirements, specifications and budgets.
- Support day to day operations.
- Work with all teams and departments in a manner that supports the production plan and the Customer’s delivery requirements. Identify barriers to successful production, and help drive the push toward resolution and elimination of those barriers.
- Help develop and maintain applicable product measures such as on time delivery, inventory, lead times, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
- Use of AutoCAD
- Must be able to read drawings/blueprints
- Must be able to demonstrate proven experience in the successful application of lean techniques.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram formats.
- Working knowledge of database, MS Project, AutoCad, Excel, Costpoint, solid modeling & design tools, word processing software.
- Project management and planning skills.
- Prior experience working with MRP systems is desirable.
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and able to multi task.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skill, able to communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
- U.S. citizen is a requirement.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Industrial or mechanical engineering (or equivalent).
- 1 to 2 years of experience in manufacturing, preferably sewing construction experience.
- Recent college graduate to two years of detailed, in-depth experience a manufacturing environment is preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Airborne Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor