The Logistics Manager is responsible for the distribution of materials and products to meet company objectives and customer requirements.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, train and support shipping and packaging personnel
- Ensure that products are properly packaged and marked according to contractual requirements
- Responsible to ensure that all Hazardous Materials (Dangerous Goods) are shipped in accordance with all DOT (Dept. of Transportation), ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization and IATA (International Air Transport Association) regulations, including the training of all personnel who package, mark, declare or ship hazardous materials.
- Responsible for domestic and international transportation
- Obtain international and domestic freight quotes for the sales team
- Responsible to make arrangements with US Government transportation offices (currently DCMA Harford Ct) for the transportation of military shipments
- Contract the services of domestic shipping companies (trucking and small package delivery)
- Negotiate freight rates for inbound or outbound deliveries
- Ensure that bills of lading are properly classified and rated
- Approve the payment of freight bills
- Contract the services of international freight forwarders and shipping companies
- Obtain and negotiate freight rates and overall shipping costs
- Coordinate with the Export Compliance Manager to ensure that shipments are compliant with export regulations, are properly and accurately documented and controlled, and have been properly licensed prior to shipment
- Contract the services of Customs Brokers, while ensuring that all imports are properly classified for Customs duty purposes.
- Obtain ATA Carnets when needed
- Arrange and expedite the inbound and outbound transportation of goods worldwide.
- Approve payment of freight, duty and associated charges related to the movement of goods internationally
- Prepare international documents as required
- Maintain files in the Compliance Folder for Demonstration Shipments and STA Shipments.
- Responsible for ISO document revisions, as well as communicating ISO procedures to the appropriate employees
- STD_0200 Packaging/Preservation
- STD_0300 Shipping
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
- College Degree in Business Management or a related field preferred.
- Comprehensive experience in logistics management.
- Extensive experience in domestic and international transportation.
- Extensive professional experience requiring ability to communicate effectively as a leader.
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and/or reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move greater than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close, distance, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: (*)
Environment is a moderate office and normally quiet. Occasionally, when in the plant, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; caustic or toxic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor