At Airborne Systems, we engineer and manufacture high-quality, high-performance parachutes and related products for the military and for search and rescue. For over a century, we have set the standard for capability, quality and performance with our world-class engineering, manufacturing, training and service.
Airborne Systems is a global company, which brings to the market and its customers a history and legacy that embraces four of the world’s leading parachute companies. No other parachute company has the resources of Airborne Systems.
Come be a part of this successful, respected, and growing team!! We especially welcome Transitioning Military Personnel to explore the opportunities available at Airborne Systems.
JOB SUMMARY: Supervises and coordinates activities of production employees engaged in the manufacture of parachutes and accessories.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Achieves daily, weekly, and monthly production goals.
- Facilitates and provides direction to process employees in properly and safely performing assigned tasks.
- Develops, implements, and enforces training for all process employees in quality assurance, safety, and machine and department operations.
- Analyzes work orders to estimate employee hours and create schedules that meet the needs.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, patterns and job orders to process employees and assigns work.
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Inspects and measures parts and products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Directs workers to adjust machines and equipment to repair products which fail to meet standards.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Develops, recommends and implements measures to improve methods, equipment performance, and product quality.
- Recommends changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew. Analyzes and resolves problems, or assists employee in resolving work problems.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Estimates, requisitions and inspects materials.
- Develops employees’ skills and work capabilities.
- Develops manufacturing floor layout for new production projects.
- Interfaces with the Engineering Department in the process of Research & Development.
- Develops manufacturing travelers (routers).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals. Writes reports.
- Communicates effectively with employees, managers, and senior management.
- Subtracts, adds, multiplies, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Computes rate, ratio, and percent.
- Carries out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Reads and interprets blueprints and specifications.
- Computer literate, uses Outlook, Excel, Word.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Five years of direct production supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
High school diploma or GED.
2 years of college education or equivalent
ITAR Requirements: TO CONFORM TO U.S. GOVERNMENT SPACE TECHNOLOGY EXPORT REGULATIONS, APPLICANT MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN, LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENT OF THE U.S., PROTECTED INDIVIDUAL AS DEFINED BY 8 U.S.C. 1324B(A)(3), OR ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN THE REQUIRED AUTHORIZATIONS FROM THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The position requires that the employee regularly stands; walks and talks or hears. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a manufacturing tool, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; or balance and stop, crouch, or kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer excellent benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Employee assistance program, Flexible schedule, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance, Paid time off, Parental leave, Professional development assistance, Retirement plan, Tuition reimbursement, Vision insurance
Airborne Systems is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Airborne Systems North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Airborne Systems North America is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour DOE
Recruiters do not contact. No soliciting.