Manages the activities of the oxygen group in an efficient manner for the desired quality and quantity of work. Specifically, this includes the assembly, testing, calibrating and repairing of oxygen supply systems and any related parts. Precision use of hand tools and equipment in a dust free and clean working area is required. Responsibilities include providing technical support for the design, manufacturing process, fabrication, test, and inspection of oxygen related products. This position reports to the VP of Operations, who also provides direction on production planning.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all manufacturing process and implementation requirements.
- Directs work with respect to production volume, cost, quality, and meeting production schedules and delivery dates. Supervises technicians and production workers and stimulates maximum efficiency and productivity of production staff. Trains and mentors personnel as required.
- Assembles and calibrates oxygen systems and masks; tests oxygen consoles and systems; services and cleans system’s parts; chooses parts for production runs; maintains vendor contacts to insure on-time deliveries.
- Provides customer contact assistance pertaining to sales, technical assistance. Additionally, oxygen instruction or support may be required. This may require limited or domestic or foreign travel.
- Supports research of new oxygen products.
- Insures departmental compliance with ISO 9002 quality system requirements.
- Collaborates in the design and development of 02 products.
- Develop blueprints, drawings, technical graphs, concept reports, as well as other documents to support certification and manufacturing of equipment.
- Coordinates between production, quality, suppliers, and engineering to resolves any product issues.
- Trains and mentors personnel as required.
- Develop manufacturing standards, work instructions, and protocols for maintaining efficient, reliable production of high quality products.
- Ensures a safe work environment by maintains adherence to company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping/dust free environment practices.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
- Four year college degree required in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent practical experience. Some business courses a plus.
- Knowledge of oxygen systems strongly suggested.
- Supervisory/management experience required.
- Must possess a high degree of mechanical ability.
- Experience with CAD and/or Solidworks software preferred
- Must possess organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work at a very fast pace in an “agile” environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Personal leadership and organizational skills.
On-the-job training: 9 to 12 months
Physical Demands: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and/or hear; the employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard; the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach; the employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.; specific vision abilities required by this position include close, distance, peripheral visions, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: (*)
The work environment for this job is in a general office setting. The noise level is normally quiet to moderate due to some office equipment and office traffic.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
Airborne Systems is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor