At Airborne Systems, we engineer and manufacture high-quality, high-performance parachutes and related products for the military and for search and rescue. For over a century, we have set the standard for capability, quality and performance with our world-class engineering, manufacturing, training and service.
Airborne Systems is a global company, which brings to the market and its customers a history and legacy that embraces four of the world’s leading parachute companies. No other parachute company has the resources of Airborne Systems.
Come be a part of this successful, respected, and growing team!! We especially welcome Transitioning Military Personnel to explore the opportunities available at Airborne Systems.
SUMMARY: This position completes all or any combination of, inspection and/or testing tasks required to ensure that manufactured items conform to company and industry quality standards as well as to contract specifications when required. These duties require a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspects and measures materials, products, and work for conformance to specifications and standards throughout the manufacturing cycle.
- Accurately uses all standard measuring tools, including, but not limited to, rulers, calipers, and force gauges.
- Interprets blueprints, data, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, and measuring instruments required.
- Records inspection data and quantities inspected on required inspection reports.
- Collects and files inspection and test records in accordance with established record maintenance procedures.
- Notifies supervisors and other personnel of production quality problems and assists in identifying and correcting these problems
- Discusses inspection results with those responsible for products and recommends necessary corrective actions.
- Completes all required record keeping, including time sheets, traceability forms, etc.
- Understand part numbers and revision levels
- Inspects customer repairs as needed.
- Assist with the training of new inspectors as needed
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Follows company rules and procedures.
- 1 to 2 years quality inspection experience in manufacturing.
- Functionally literate including able to read and write English documents.
- Able to perform basic computations (add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals).
- Capable of accurately using standard measuring tools.
- Capable reading and interpreting manufacturing drawings and work specification sheets.
- Detail oriented and able to maintain high accuracy standards.
- US. Persons or otherwise able to review all export-controlled technical information
EDUCATION: High School Diploma/GED or equivalent preferred
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (*)
The work environment for this job is a manufacturing shop floor. While in the plant, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; humidity, toxic or caustic chemicals, near moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The plant noise level is usually loud.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (*)
The position requires that the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to fingers such as with a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities include close, distance, and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
*Note: Both the Physical Demand and Work Environment sections are required by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Airborne Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Airborne Systems is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.50 – $20.00/hour